Lt. Commander
# 1 Why do we have a que
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
I am a veteran MMO player and I am hoping that Atari has only a fraction of the systems online that will be brought on once the release is done. If this is not true and they have all of their equipment on now someone needs to be fired. EvE-Online has on average 20,000 to 60,000 users at any given time. WoW has had as much as half a million. To set up an MMO with only enough power for 2000 users is so short sited as to be ridiculous. Please tell us you have several racks of systems that will be brought up on release.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
There probably are 50k people on this game, if not more.. And its 1 server, so you cant compare WoW.. their servers dont hold much more than 10k at a time.

I'm hoping they add some capacity. It isnt cool to get kicked into a login queue when all I did was load into a new area.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
There probably are 50k people on this game, if not more.. And its 1 server, so you cant compare WoW.. their servers dont hold much more than 10k at a time.

I'm hoping they add some capacity. It isnt cool to get kicked into a login queue when all I did was load into a new area.
Oh come on, when will this die!?

1 Server != 1 Physical Server, nor does it imply you can't have just as much hardware as a multishard system.

The lack of space can't be blamed on the one server system, as that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
If you were one of the 1% of the players who bothered to read the news during beta, you might have noticed they knew about the login issues and were brining in more machines as soon as possible. That was in the beta, so we can only assume they took care of those problems. Now we don't have those disconnect-issues, but a queue issue instead. And for f'sake, who figured it would be a good idea to make a MMO with one server? Geez...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:36 PM
When they say one server that doesn’t mean that they have only one computer that handles everything. If you built the best and most beastly gaming computer available today it wouldn’t handle five percent of what they use for 2000 users. I am sure they have several racks of blade computers there is only one login server but the system consists of many interconnected servers. Don’t confuse login server with division servers. Even WoW has all of their servers linked to one central database. Every game has issues and a new one will take some time to iron most of them out.