Lt. Commander
# 1 D2D Purchase please read.
01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
ok I was digging around d2d and trying to get a refund and found this,

http://support.direct2drive.com/ics/...sp?deptID=3091

"Star Trek Online Head-start has begun!

Pre-order customers for Star Trek Online can now join in the head-start! Check your Account page for updated information! *Your BETA access key is also your head-start key and Bonus Items Key* "

so I did not get what i paid for, where is my Joined trill? according to that i should have it as my bonus head start key.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:00 AM
D2D was incorrect about what the beta/headstart item is but even if they weren't wrong you would still not get the Joined Trill since that is not a preorder item.

The joined Trill is connected to the DDE version of the game and not a preorder item.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Doing a little search would have saved you from posting. It has been said like a trillion times that pre-order items dont get activated until launch which is 2nd Feb for US and 5th Feb for EU.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post

Pre-order customers for Star Trek Online can now join in the head-start! Check your Account page for updated information! *Your BETA access key is also your head-start key and Bonus Items Key* "

so I did not get what i paid for, where is my Joined trill? according to that i should have it as my bonus head start key.
Sorry, I read that and did not come to the same conclusion as you. The key unlocks Beta AND bonus items, but it did not specically say at the same time, just that the key will unlock these. And sorry, but if you read the FAQ on bonus items before purchasing, it was made clear that these bonus items would only be avaialble on the games retail release

You are splitting hairs and really need to just get over it like everyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post

I believe it was mentioned that you will get the special items once the game launches on the 2nd of Feb. I would take this to mean that you can make your Joined Trill starting tomorrow. I have this same issue, but I am also a lifer and started my Liberated Borg
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 09:06 AM
and of course this on D2D website as well

"* Joined Trill will not be available for head start, as it is an item which doesn't unlock until you apply the retail key to your account. "

and considering the retail is 2/2/10..... nothing more to say,
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xron
I believe it was mentioned that you will get the special items once the game launches on the 2nd of Feb. I would take this to mean that you can make your Joined Trill starting tomorrow. I have this same issue, but I am also a lifer and started my Liberated Borg
The liberated borg was a Cryptic offer, and also tied to subscription which is paid for and active, hence why THIS item was available immediatly (cept for that small bug on release day)

Dont suppose you can post a screenshot of your character, not seen a liberated borg yet
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganUK View Post
The liberated borg was a Cryptic offer, and also tied to subscription which is paid for and active, hence why THIS item was available immediatly (cept for that small bug on release day)

Dont suppose you can post a screenshot of your character, not seen a liberated borg yet
I have seen liberated-Borgs Feds all over the place. They are dressed as normal and some will have implants sticking out of thier heads or they may look kind of zombish.

I made a Klingon just to get one started and I saw several liberated-Klingon Borgs also.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 09:13 AM
They're all over the place, ive seen at least four on the federation side.