Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganUK View Post
The liberated borg was a Cryptic offer, and also tied to subscription which is paid for and active, hence why THIS item was available immediatly (cept for that small bug on release day)

Dont suppose you can post a screenshot of your character, not seen a liberated borg yet
I'd love to, but at work right now. I changed the appearance so the skin was not so greyish, but do have an ocular implant still
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 08:37 AM
The whole thing is a mess. Bonuses that are useless when provided after the headstart, which is a part of the whole pre-order bonus, but not really, Hahah! 2 Character Slots, which makes the pre-order bonuses that less useful, since you won't be re-rolling very often.

D2D allowing no refunds, and charging you full price for a Pre-order, while not giving you full rewards.

I'll never do business with D2D again. I don't care what was said in plain text english for all to read. There are still a lot of frustrated customers, and all of this BS could of been avoided if Cryptic wasn't so money hungry.

EDIT: It all leaves a bitter, unsavory taste in your mouth, in a time when gamers should be excited.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 08:56 AM
i hope for lifetimers people sake that cryptic dont **** of some star trek fan that does hacking and what not. Than you are really F#$@#& up

For me i asked refund and hope they will resolve my request at steam today. Even if not i will get refund as i sent request before release. Steam does refund for pre-order games but only if requested prior to release

Wepieeee im saved ^^
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Ok. This has been explained, even FAQ'd.

The Retailer bonus items, are linked to the Retail Key...and the Retail key ONLY.

http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq

The Borg character is provided by Cryptic as a "thank you" for paying for a lifetime sub. It is not tied to any key, it is tied to your Cryptic Account.

That is why Lifers got their Borg before any of the people pre-ordering got their joined Trill.

I pre-ordered from a retailer....and I understood it was tied to the retail key. Would I have liked it during Head Start? Hell yes...I can't wait to stick my bridge officers into the TOS mini skirt uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Still, it's unsavory, and frustrating for the customer regardless. Cryptic is really good though at one thing, and that's ****ing off their customers. Then those customers rant in the forums making for the general malaise you see now.

Cryptic's marketing department should be doing it's best to create good will towards the game. This bonus fiasco is not doing that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcivious
Still, it's unsavory, and frustrating for the customer regardless. Cryptic is really good though at one thing, and that's ****ing off their customers. Then those customers rant in the forums making for the general malaise you see now.

Cryptic's marketing department should be doing it's best to create good will towards the game. This bonus fiasco is not doing that.
The consumer brought this on themselves.

In the past, the preorder items were connected to the preorder keys but people would go out and preorder from multiple places just to get the items then they would only buy one product key.

For the retailer where the product was purchased this was great, for the other retailers that meant they ordered extra inventory of the items and they also based there volume of purchasing to an extent off of the preorder items. When those items did not sell it meant the items would sit on the shelf and items just sitting on the shelves cost merchant money.

Cryptic could care less how many preorder items you get but the merchants were being affected by this so the items being connected to the retail key is how this is addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus

The Retailer bonus items, are linked to the Retail Key...and the Retail key ONLY.

http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq

The Borg character is provided by Cryptic as a "thank you" for paying for a lifetime sub. It is not tied to any key, it is tied to your Cryptic Account.

That is why Lifers got their Borg before any of the people pre-ordering got their joined Trill.

I pre-ordered from a retailer....and I understood it was tied to the retail key. Would I have liked it during Head Start? Hell yes...I can't wait to stick my bridge officers into the TOS mini skirt uniforms.
From what I understand and been told there are NO SKIRTS!