Survivor of Romulus
I downloaded an update this morning when I clicked on the STO application, and still all I get is the dock icon which I am unable to force quit nor can I find processes relating to wine server or cider in terminal. Has anyone else found a fix for this? Or do I just sit tight for the next update?
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Todays update made the launcher crash a couple times on launch before working. Outside of this everything seems to be working normally...
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-03-2013, 12:24 PM
I managed to log in and have a brief play on STO earlier, now however I can't even load up the launcher or login without it crashing. Load up launcher - crash. Enter log in details and click login - crash. Not having any luck at all. Even clicking on options to disable on demand patching crashes the client.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Ensign
# 4 Launcher won't open
12-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Just downloaded the update and now the launcher won't open. I have the app in my dock and it will do its bouncing for a few secs as it tries to open but goes nowhere.
Ensign
# 5
12-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtea84 View Post
Just downloaded the update and now the launcher won't open. I have the app in my dock and it will do its bouncing for a few secs as it tries to open but goes nowhere.

Having the exact same problem. Glad to know it's not just me.

Ensign
# 6
12-04-2013, 04:20 PM
thought i was going crazy here yah same is happing for me too lol
Ensign
After I loaded update the launcher is also stops and does not allow me to play the game or have access to the game.
Ensign
# 8 fix (possible)
12-06-2013, 01:51 AM
What I did under this issue is I put the launch icon down in the dock, and when it wouldn't launch I forced the application to quit while it was still hopping on the dock trying to load. Try that. It may take a few times of doing it but you'll get it. Oh and you have to quit it by the force quit window option under the apple icon menu in the top left. Drag the window close to the icon down on the bottom of the dock (or to the side if you prefer that old fashioned way) and launch the app, then quit it using the force quit window option, not the option in the dock to force quit. Hope this helps!