Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I tried to slingshot around the sun, but I couldn't find it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Why would something as game changing as time-travel be linked to any kind of character skill?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazza View Post
Why would something as game changing as time-travel be linked to any kind of character skill?
Well, I'm not making and assumptions about time travel, nor am I expecting it to be "game changing". Would it be useful to any discussion if I asked why you want to know? However, if time travel is accomplished via tachyons then it stands to reason that your deflector skill would be an influencing factor. Or is that just crazy logic?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Deuce
Huh? Is there a question in that or just trolling? Is that on a hotkey or did u really burn out some braincells?
Your question makes no sense at all and so I was politely explaining that I didn't understand what you are talking about so that you could better explain it.

I COULD HAVE SAID

"Are you asking if you can actively within the construct of the game without rules and regulation time travel? And if so you are asking what is the best spec line?"

THEN I WOULD SAY

"Is that a serious question? NO YOU CAN'T JUST TIME TRAVEL to any time you think is cool, yes there will be a mission or two that will send you through time but thats it, spec choice or skill related time travel as in i specced 10 points into Deflector dish time travel will not be part of STO."

By me saying Uh...what? I was trying to not be a ****...but you foiled that plan sir.

HOWEVER...
if you are looking for a personal way of timetravelling may i recommend watching the movie Napoleon Dynamite. In the film the protagonist purchases something you might be interested in. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Respectfully,
Vox
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox of the house of Vox
Your question makes no sense at all and so I was politely explaining that I didn't understand what you are talking about so that you could better explain it.

I COULD HAVE SAID

"Are you asking if you can actively within the construct of the game without rules and regulation time travel? And if so you are asking what is the best spec line?"

THEN I WOULD SAY

"Is that a serious question? NO YOU CAN'T JUST TIME TRAVEL to any time you think is cool, yes there will be a mission or two that will send you through time but thats it, spec choice or skill related time travel as in i specced 10 points into Deflector dish time travel will not be part of STO."

By me saying Uh...what? I was trying to not be a ****...but you foiled that plan sir.

HOWEVER...
if you are looking for a personal way of timetravelling may i recommend watching the movie Napoleon Dynamite. In the film the protagonist purchases something you might be interested in. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Respectfully,
Vox
lol...Awesome.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnod View Post
lol...Awesome.
Honestly...Don't ask a stupid question then get mad when someone gives you a stupid answer.

"The use of theoretical tachyon particles would come from the deflector so by logic....."

FICTION+VIDEO GAME+SCI-FI+STARTREK+TIMETRAVEL DOES NOT = Logic

-Vox
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I see, so what you're really trying to say is that you have no constructive feedback on reported future expansion material. I'd appreciate a less-winded reply, and less arrogance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox of the house of Vox
Your question makes no sense at all and so I was politely explaining that I didn't understand what you are talking about so that you could better explain it.

I COULD HAVE SAID

"Are you asking if you can actively within the construct of the game without rules and regulation time travel? And if so you are asking what is the best spec line?"

THEN I WOULD SAY

"Is that a serious question? NO YOU CAN'T JUST TIME TRAVEL to any time you think is cool, yes there will be a mission or two that will send you through time but thats it, spec choice or skill related time travel as in i specced 10 points into Deflector dish time travel will not be part of STO."

By me saying Uh...what? I was trying to not be a ****...but you foiled that plan sir.

HOWEVER...
if you are looking for a personal way of timetravelling may i recommend watching the movie Napoleon Dynamite. In the film the protagonist purchases something you might be interested in. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Respectfully,
Vox
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox of the house of Vox
Honestly...Don't ask a stupid question then get mad when someone gives you a stupid answer.

"The use of theoretical tachyon particles would come from the deflector so by logic....."

FICTION+VIDEO GAME+SCI-FI+STARTREK+TIMETRAVEL DOES NOT = Logic

-Vox
hmm.. Asking a troll for a positive reply, now that's illogical, paradoxical even.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Deuce
I see, so what you're really trying to say is that you have no constructive feedback on reported future expansion material. I'd appreciate a less-winded reply, and less arrogance.
K...(This is constructive)

THERE WILL BE NO PLAYER CONTROLLED OR SKILL RELATED TIME TRAVEL

THERE WILL BE MISSIONS THAT HAVE TIME TRAVEL

NO YOUR DEFLECTOR POWERS WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH TIME TRAVEL

TACHYONS ARE IRRELEVANT

THERE IS NO TIME TRAVEL SPEC


Arrogance has nothing to do with this...you asked a question, I responded, then you criticized my response, so I criticized your question.

Sorry if this is blunt but as you can tell from every other post in here, you question was for lack of a better word STUPID and shouldn't have been asked.

How can you give a character the ability for skill related self generated time travel within the confines of an MMO? Such a thing would be near impossible to implementing a single player game let alone a every changing and evolving MMO...I balked at your question because it sounded NO OFFENSE like a fake question to which most Gamers should have the answer to already.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Tachyons are NOT theoretical. This is startrek canon. There was an interview last year that brought this up, and of course u can't just go anywhere in time but they said there would be 3 or 4 periods in time thatcan be visited. This is supposed to be one of the features of the finished product. A mission-descriptor saying anything shouldn't be a selling-point. What if you bought a game that features "amazing graphics" and all that is was a window that says, "amazing graphics.". You'd be mad if someone came on here intending to lure vitriol by saying "this is an mmo what are u stupid for expecting graphics?". There are no stupid questions only stupid answers, and if it takes allthis to explainthat my question actually has foundation then you are just proclaiming vapid ignorance and refuse to show respect to everybody else by actually giving consideration before opening your mouth. But this is what trolls do, so unless you can actually contribute positivelythen get off my thread.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 AM.