Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
I would live to hear the view of the folks at Cryptic about what, why, and when can we play the game again?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raakochet View Post
Uhhh, I don't entirely buy the logic. You see, if your counting hypothesis is their motivation for not letting us know, encountering too much BS encourages people to stop logging on, thereby skewing the numbers. It also encourages people who are on the fence not to buy the game.
That is true.
However, if there is nothing they can do to stop the BS anyway then those people are lost anyway are they not?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
"Thanks guys! The headstart is GREAT!

We got about 704,231,335 more people than we expected so we ordered 1 more server so we can increase capacity to 6 people per instance!

Due to the high demand and unbelievable pre-order sales we placed a rush on this order and expect it sometime before 2012. Keep sitting in the que like sheep, and you lifetimers can totally shutup now, we have your money, so nothing you say makes the slightest bit of difference to us anymore.

It has been a drunken festival the last 2 weeks here at Cryptic, in between mismanaging our budget and losing 1/2 the code for the crafting system we sure have ****ed quite a bit up. But have no fear, I am almost drunk enough to remember where I lost it at.

I was just informed that as you requested, Autofire has been removed from the game totally and the que number you receive while logging in is actually a minute count until we **** your bank account like an episode of law and order. What are the odds on that happening?!?! You will also need to push your space button and F key 4 times to trigger any effects, this is a known bug. but look on the bright side, Bridge officers can now have pet kittens! We are very excited about this feature, and encourage you to spend the paltry sum of $12.50 for your own personal BO Kitty! (one time use, no refunds, $12.50 item cost does not reflect $245.00 cryptic service charge)

Thanks for making me work this weekend you sheep-like idiots. I'm going to nerf the pre-order borg and trill just out of spite.

I worked on world of ******** once about 23 years ago, you should thank god I even decided to make another game. You tools.

Drunk when I wrote this,
Rill Boper.
There, I took their upcoming response that will never get posted and restored it to its future truthful glory.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
I just canceled my order. I know I will get a bunch of "I hear a whaambulance" and "can I haz ur stuff" but I don't care. Cryptic let me down. They didn't treat this IP with the care it deserved, and they were dead set on using a substandard quirky server farm idea that is better suited to B-rated games you get off of the $9.99 rack in the dark corners of electronics departments.

They failed miserably.

Admittedly this is all just my opinion. If you like the game I honestly hope it survives the mismanagement that Cryptic has been bludgeoning it with long enough for it to gain the momentum it needs to last. I will never understand the "I hope it fails" mentality... I don't want to see the game fail. I want it to thrive and live and go through the development cycle that all MMO's experience. In time the coding, server issues, stability, and gameplay elements will all come into line and when they do I will be back.

Good luck everybody! (Especially Cryptic!)
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
Probably not even linked to the current problem.
Noope. The german dev posts are about everything but queues. That's btw only Wishstone, the german com-manager, so no dev at all
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
It doesn't matter how much they communicate, they clearly know that the trolls will still cry, bawl and complain.
Just tell us why the servers are having problems...and we'll shut up. Promise!
Just tell us why you don't run buy 10x the number of servers...and we'll shut up, promise!
Just tell us what each employee is doing RIGHT NOW...and we'll shut up, promise!

Just justify every single decision you make, even though you are the ones doing all of the work. And we'll shut up, promise!

It's BS, I know it, you know it, and most importantly...THEY know it. So shut up.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
I agree 100%. The one thing that is inexcusable is the lack of communication. We know, basically, nothing.

Are the servers they currently have installed running at full capacity? Or is a problem preventing them from doing so? How long before capacity will be increased? Are the problems now bugs? Or are they due to not enough hardware? Are they due to not enough bandwidth? Are they being worked on?

Information would make a *huge* difference. I know that if this was my project, I would have people whose sole job is to keep the community happy, and there would be at least one such person working 24/7 this weekend.

That fact is, regardless of the truth, it looks like Cryptic doesn't care whether this event goes well or not. It's hard not to speculate that Cryptic has discovered, at this late point, that their design fundamentally will not scale to the number of players STO is getting.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how much they communicate, they clearly know that the trolls will still cry, bawl and complain.
True, but so what? Do you think the purpose of communication is to shut people up?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Being in Europe, I've been able to play the game all day, with ZERO problems. No disconnects, no lag, I didn't even hit any bugs today. It was only when all you guys over in the US started logging in that you messed it up for everyone. Looks like a capacity issue to me - the server farm can handle the European traffic alone, but as soon as the US login rush hour arrives, it fills up really fast.

You want no problems with STO - move to a better timezone.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
They KNOW what the situation is, MUCH more clearly that any of us do. If anyone wants this to succeed, they do most of all. What you idiots can't seem to grasp is, they haven't been working on this for YEARS just to rob and hose people.
No...it's easier for dull minds to just gnash their teeth and bite the hand that feeds them. Disgusting.