Captain
# 21
03-06-2014, 05:40 PM
The playable Borg would be depicted worse than the pansified Romulans.

That would be embarrassing.

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
03-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdekay View Post
Okay I get these moments of clarity when I wake up. It feels like my brain was on overdrive while I slept and when I awake I get these outlandish ideas that I think will work, but only after writing them down and sharing do I find out if the idea was good or just the residual sleepiness talking.
Interesting.

Quote:
So enough build up, heres' the idea. I would like to pilot a Borg Sphere.
Yeah, that's definitely residual sleepiness talking.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Yeah sorry it wont ever happen. Cubes have size issues (Already ships in game that are far too large...) And if you go by canon we really shouldnt even have this much borg tech installed on our ships. (Way too easy for the borg to tap into it during fights, 1 of the reasons voyager removed all its borg upgrades after the fight with the undine was over)

Also im sure someone in a CBS office is screaming no no no no no at his phone
Career Officer
# 24
03-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Career Officer
# 25
03-07-2014, 01:31 AM
It would make a good special event mission where your character is temporarily assimilated to gain up to date insight/intel regarding borg ship dispositions or something but just wouldn't be practical for this style of game, not sure it should be a multi player only mission, interesting concept though.
Career Officer
# 26
03-07-2014, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdekay View Post
Okay I get these moments of clarity when I wake up. It feels like my brain was on overdrive while I slept and when I awake I get these outlandish ideas that I think will work, but only after writing them down and sharing do I find out if the idea was good or just the residual sleepiness talking.

In the past I've seen several surveys regarding desired ships. Star Trek Online from it's beginning has always been a work in progress. So to add a ship whose dynamics haven't been created yet isn't out the question if the concept is sound and players register genuine interest...

<tl;dr>
people seem to forget the borg race is nothing more then hundreds of races forced to serve the queens voice over a subspace interplexing beacon, there is no free choice or free will, you do as expected from the queen or you get deactivated and taken apart for useful devices that other borg may need. now it wouldnt matter what type of vehicles you had open at this point, you are just a tool for the queens use without the choice.

however the hugh playable/borg renegade faction (axum/korok). if they came together then cubes are automatically off the cards, the biggest thing to take into account is its size, having 10-15 player cubes on sector space would block everything, doesnt matter how the boff layout goes or whatever, it would have to be no bigger then a sphere in size, which is usually powerful enough by itself, in player hands it could be devastating.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Career Officer
# 27
03-07-2014, 01:46 AM
I want a Borg Cube with Windows ME Torpedo's.

That'll stop anything.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Career Officer
# 28
03-07-2014, 02:15 AM
1) still a necro
2) WHY ARE THE PAGE NUMBERS FOR THIS THREAD IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION SUBFORUM NAME IN REVERSE ORDER
Captain
# 29
03-07-2014, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
1) still a necro
2) WHY ARE THE PAGE NUMBERS FOR THIS THREAD IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION SUBFORUM NAME IN REVERSE ORDER
it's now a undead? we better get a cleric from neverwinter then
Career Officer
# 30
03-07-2014, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
1) still a necro
Because it's from the Mirror Universe. And because it's from there it's not necro.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Closed Thread