Lt. Commander
Not a single word as to:

1. why they went to a queue and what they hoped to accomplish

2. why the queue system itself is borked. People getting booted after 30 min queue and 5 min of play

3. what in god's name they expect on Tuesday? Someone in marketing and sales should have had some idea how many pre-orders they took and look what's going on. Imagine Tuesday!

4. I understand MMO launches are usually rough, but there IS NO EXCUSE for the lack of communication from the developers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Dude, it's Sunday. Do you really think you're going see any dev responses today? I guess, with launch on Tuesday they might be in the office, but I'm quite sure they aren't lurking about the message board.

Go outside and enjoy some SUNSHINE while you wait in queue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:41 PM
They must be on a 2 hour donut run or something...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
Dude, it's Sunday. Do you really think you're going see any dev responses today? I guess, with launch on Tuesday they might be in the office, but I'm quite sure they aren't lurking about the message board.

Its raining...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:48 PM
They go home for the weekend. There is no one even around to care or worry about any of this on any weekend. Thier "new mmo" has just released. Not to mention if they got the crazy atari bonus that everyone talked about, the higher-ups are on a beach somewhere laughing. lol.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post

By the same token maybe you should go out and enjoy some 'sunshine' rather than defending cryptic all the time. The original poster had some constructive points. It may be Sunday but the game has just started running and officially released. I sent an e-mail looiing for help with something got a ticket number back and that was it. They could easily send out a standard email saying sorry we are aware of your contact and we will get in touch as soon as possible and briefly explain some of the issues. I have had absolutely nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Tuesday this forum is going to be full of so much nerdrage my computer might implode! It will be funny watching all the headstart people attack the Feb 2nd crowd once the queues really kick up lol.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Well the they better hope this problem doesn't hit the gaming press.

I can just see the headlines now, "STO headstarts right into a Brick Wall: Thousands stuck in Queue" Now imagine all the people thinking about actually buying on Tuesday and how they'll just change their minds.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actrade View Post
Not a single word as to:

1. why they went to a queue and what they hoped to accomplish

2. why the queue system itself is borked. People getting booted after 30 min queue and 5 min of play

3. what in god's name they expect on Tuesday? Someone in marketing and sales should have had some idea how many pre-orders they took and look what's going on. Imagine Tuesday!

4. I understand MMO launches are usually rough, but there IS NO EXCUSE for the lack of communication from the developers.
1 and 2. That way we all get ot play 5 minutes of the headstart...
3. Nothing? Even longer que line. They knew what to expect but they filled pockets with the cash they milked from us... No new shiny servers!!

4. They are too busy to replay with all that money grabing in pocket filling job ATM. Please be patient till that instance is complete...