Lt. Commander
# 1 To those in the QUE
01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
it would seem our troubles currently are with the fact that, according to the following site (http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online), 2 of the 4 game servers are currently offline, so while they have uped the capacity with more servers in beta, some are not online.

So please understand there is mostly space for nearly all of us and they are no doubt prepping even MORE servers asap, so just give em a break, they have obviously been in all weekend and most likely working hard

Kenetor
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
If this is true then why have the developers not commented on it? The game is now live, this is not a beta. If there is a server outtage then the company needs to notify the subscribers. It's their responsibility as a company that provides a service, and our responsibility as a client of that service is to demand no less.

It is unfortunate, but the fact that Cryptic has been silent about this is much more reflective of things to come. Server space can be improved, but attitudes very rarely change...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:51 PM
or perhaps it is sunday and they have the day off like many of us...
Lt. Commander
# 4 Nervous?
01-31-2010, 02:51 PM
It is a bit worrisome that the game hasn't even been fully released yet and we're already waiting in queue...
Lt. Commander
# 5 Let's all WAIT
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
How about all the money from the lifers actually be used for MORE servers. i will not PAY to wait to play this game, as i'm sure everyone else will agree. i'm fairly sure at LEAST $10,000 has been made from lfe time subscriptions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
The worrysome part of it is the silence of the Devs.

Things happen, servers crash, problem come up, and all sorts of other unavoidable situations happen all the time. The real problem is the lack of any comment on this.

The need for a queue = disapointment
The need to guess what is going on = bitter frusteration
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolofinwe View Post
How about all the money from the lifers actually be used for MORE servers. i will not PAY to wait to play this game, as i'm sure everyone else will agree. i'm fairly sure at LEAST $10,000 has been made from lfe time subscriptions.
You are sure they have sold at least 40 lifetime subs? I know you said "at least" but I recommend you never try your luck at the price is right.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Account server online
Account server 2 online
Controller checker 1 offline
Controller checker 2 online
Controller checker 4 offline
Error check server online
Game server 1 offline
Game server 2 offline
Game server 3 offline
Game server 4 online
Patch server offline
Patch server 2 offline
Website online
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
I just lost a staring contest against the queue... I have been 106 out of 106 initially... now, 10 minutes later: 106 out of 622.

I got in the line by forcefully being logged off -> "loading the sector map" and reconnecting. Planned on playing at least another two hour or so... well... given that it is nearly February hear, I will catch some sleep instead.

By now I'm 106 out of 663... I'd actually regret advancing to 105, because it means that someone got kicked from the game or someone gave up - like me
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
First off I doubt anyone has the day off there before game is out and then atleast a month into it...

Second buying new servers isent just like you going to the shop and getting a new pc.. it has to match the rest...
then get buildt up as the rest.. then find a spot for it in a huge room with lots of other...
then they hafte take the servers down a couple hours to add them to it..
oh and then they hafte make them work... getting one of this computers takes time... I doubt the people delivering those are working on a sunday.

if you seen much tv or anything this room probly looks similar to the farms you see in tv shows... with alot of pc's with a bunch of server nets in a huge pc farm.. this is special pc's and not something they have in the shop at compusa or something like that...

now third... get a grip... if you think it takes to long then do something else while waiting... rest some... sleep.. watch a movie... what ever you would do while waiting on the game to be released in a year like some has said it should have... I dont care I will wait and write forums lol