Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetor View Post
it would seem our troubles currently are with the fact that, according to the following site (http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online), 2 of the 4 game servers are currently offline, so while they have uped the capacity with more servers in beta, some are not online.

So please understand there is mostly space for nearly all of us and they are no doubt prepping even MORE servers asap, so just give em a break, they have obviously been in all weekend and most likely working hard

Kenetor
Holy crap....only ONE game server out of 4 ONLINE....no wonder this sever isnt a smokin hole right now.

Neat site...but I wonder where they get thier server numbers and such from. I would think the devs woudnt release that info.

EDIT: LOL just as I was on the page the last server went OFFLINE....sigh...another 3 hour wait.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
103/778 30 mins later still no movement
Lt. Commander
# 13 i was playing, now i am not
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad86
I just lost a staring contest against the queue... I have been 106 out of 106 initially... now, 10 minutes later: 106 out of 622.

I got in the line by forcefully being logged off -> "loading the sector map" and reconnecting. Planned on playing at least another two hour or so... well... given that it is nearly February hear, I will catch some sleep instead.

By now I'm 106 out of 663... I'd actually regret advancing to 105, because it means that someone got kicked from the game or someone gave up - like me
i was actully in a game loading back to sector space and got booted NOW i'm in queue to play again... this is so ****ed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
game just crashed.....cryptic, ge out of my head. how do they know that I should really go to bed now?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznamar View Post
or perhaps it is sunday and they have the day off like many of us...
Not on the weekend of a major product launch they won't. Or at least, they shouldn't. One month in, no probs... give them the week off.

Time in lieu .... standard practice in IT organisations.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
This is complete Horse Crap! I am now a paying subscriber Life time infact. I can not believe that Cryptic did not see thic coming! What the hell are they going to do on the 2nd when every Tom **** and harry gets the game cause it looks cool in the package. Not to mention next weekend when even more people have the game in hand.

Let me guess they are going to put out some sweet sugar coated message about how great this is and boy golly shucks they are going to get more servers... soon.

LAME
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
EDIT: LOL just as I was on the page the last server went OFFLINE....sigh...another 3 hour wait.
yeah but it also says that the website is offfline, Not sure that its very true.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakevalentine
Second buying new servers isent just like you going to the shop and getting a new pc.. it has to match the rest...
then get buildt up as the rest.. then find a spot for it in a huge room with lots of other...
then they hafte take the servers down a couple hours to add them to it..
oh and then they hafte make them work... getting one of this computers takes time... I doubt the people delivering those are working on a sunday.
aye this is what alot of people dont realise, you cant pop into town and pick these babys up, and even if you could, the set up is way beyond that of building your own computer and loading up windows

Kenetor
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
People are still queing? I was on 493 for 20 minutes, but suddenly got through.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
lol my que postion has gone from 103 to 149 arghhhhh