Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't care about servers they need to buy and set up. Getting the pre-order entitled you to a heads-up play, which is not happening to all these people, or partially happening, as servers keep going off and we keep getting kicked out or disconnected.

This isn't the first MMO out there, and from all the other ones (WoW, SWG,...) you could have already learned a lesson and expected that users will be wanting to join in the moment it is possible, and that this is going to hit the peak.

I was really looking forward to the heads-up (being a weekend and me not having that much time during the week), but so far it has been a bitter disappointment. The Beta was going better so far.

If this doesn't improve in the two weeks to come, I'll reconsider staying. Might as well come back in a few months when all the kinks are ironed out and this is going better, if at all.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm was sitting at 357 out of 357

In the last 5 minutes the 357 on the right has increased to 957 and I am still in the same position as before.

What sucks even more is that I was in game. I was loading a ground map when all of a sudden a message appeared saying "Game Map has Closed or Crashed" or something to that effect.

Now I am sitting in this ******n queue
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Uh...according to that website, the STO site is down...

Uhm.

Clearly not.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
as of that site right now, the actual game servers are not online, this would be why the account servers are q'ing up so much, there's nothing to log into atm other the the account server.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Look on the bright side! STO is helping you get into character by giving you a reason to shout "Damn it, Q, this is unconscionable!" at your computer!