Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
How's that for putting it in terms a developer can understand?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Too bad they can't write the EULA in terms that YOU can understand. But I will try...

They make no guarantee with regards to whether or not you will be able to log in and play.

Therefore if you do try to say that they billied you wilthout your permission, you are committing fraud which is a felony. Have fun with that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
ERROR: Type Mismatch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelandric
How's that for putting it in terms a developer can understand?
How can the login queue be greater than or equal to a date?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
Too bad they can't write the EULA in terms that YOU can understand. But I will try...

They make no guarantee with regards to whether or not you will be able to log in and play.

Therefore if you do try to say that they billied you wilthout your permission, you are committing fraud which is a felony. Have fun with that.
EULA's have no bearing on the agreement between you and your credit card issuer. And their agreement with Cryptic allows them to reverse charges if they don't live up to what they agree to on their merchant agreement.

You can almost certainly get a chargeback if you wish. I am contemplating doing the same on my lifetime sub unless things improve within 48 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
EULA's have no bearing on the agreement between you and your credit card issuer. And their agreement with Cryptic allows them to reverse charges if they don't live up to what they agree to on their merchant agreement.

You can almost certainly get a chargeback if you wish. I am contemplating doing the same on my lifetime sub unless things improve within 48 hours.
Considering they already stated that lifetime subs are non-refundable, this will not hold up and you will be guilty of fraud by saying they did not have permission to charge your card, which obviously, they did. You're admitting to it now and if someone thinks to pull this up when you go to court it will be an automatic guilty.

As I said.. you guys have fun with that.

Felony over a temper tantrum from a video game. Can't wait to see the judges face on that one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post

The ability to log in and play the game is implicit with the agreement that they are providing a service for financial gain.

Without the ability to log in, there is no way to receive the service that a player has paid for. By dint of that perspective, the failure of Cryptic Studios to provide play time service is a breech of financial contract. If this was a game that had a single-player feature and did not require a connection to Cryptic's servers to play, it'd be a different story.

Should this state of affairs continue, it very much falls under the auspices of credit card protection and is thus just cause to instigate a CC chargeback for failure to provide service if a customer so chooses. It's really quite simple in that regard.

The only sticking point would be the monthly fee, which has not been charged yet. But Atari damned sure did charge my credit card the second I pre-ordered in December, creating a binding contract of payment for service at that exact moment for the future date of the game's launch of 02 February.

Get it together, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post

Your agreement with your credit card company also states that you allow the business to resolve issues first. You have to give them the time to resolve any complaints before issuing a charge back. Which you haven't. By all means, contact Cryptic and attempt to resolve the issue honestly and in good faith. Otherwise, you are indeed committing fraud.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelakh View Post
The ability to log in and play the game is implicit with the agreement that they are providing a service for financial gain.
You, sir, are wrong. Read the EULA.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerealman
By all means, contact Cryptic and attempt to resolve the issue honestly and in good faith. Otherwise, you are indeed committing fraud.
Yes, indeed. Do contact Cryptic. Their response and information flow on the forums has been an exemplary demonstration of how well they communicate.