Lt. Commander
# 1
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
lol
/addten
Lt. Commander
I am sure many people here would agree that part of the AGREEMENT for the pre-order was to help with open-beta testing and as a result of pre-ordering we would be rewarded with a full weekend to play prior to release and we get to keep those characters that we created during that headstart weekend. Well, I have clocked about 4 hours total this weekend because either the servers were down completely, or the queue was broken.

The company has broken our AGREEMENT and by law I think I am entitled to either a level 11 character (which I could have achieved with the full weekend) or a partial refund for time-lost (at least half of the original cost since we will be paying monthly anyway. If that isn't agreeable, maybe we should start a class action lawsuit to give everyone who signed the legally binding AGREEMENT (by purchasing you AGREED to the terms) some sort of compensation for their troubles and for the AGREEMENT being broken.

I am not blaming the game devs, I mean, things happen. I just think that to be fair, compensation is in order, don't you? Now I have to go read the actual agreement to see if it said something silly like "any promises made by the game production company can be revoked at any time for any reason."
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
No you have not paid for anything.

You also get 1 month free with your game.

There you happy a free month to play.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
heh

heheheh

heheheheheheh

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Cry some moar...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to! Cry if I want to! Cry if I want to! You would cry too if you believed the world revolved around you!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cregan
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to! Cry if I want to! Cry if I want to! You would cry too if you believed the world revolved around you!
Well you know what...

The moon revolves around me.

What do I win?

Lt. Commander
# 8
Gotta love these threads :p

First things off, we are all apart of "the problem", since we all play at the same time. It is our fault that the star trek concept is popular, hence alot of people want to play it. AND since its a brand new game, everyone wants a bite.

So perhaps cryptic wasent prepare for the massive user onslaught they are having on the server, but dont lay all the blame on them, when we, the end user, are the problem
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absalomx View Post
I am sure many people here would agree that part of the AGREEMENT for the pre-order was to help with open-beta testing and as a result of pre-ordering we would be rewarded with a full weekend to play prior to release and we get to keep those characters that we created during that headstart weekend. Well, I have clocked about 4 hours total this weekend because either the servers were down completely, or the queue was broken.

The company has broken our AGREEMENT and by law I think I am entitled to either a level 11 character (which I could have achieved with the full weekend) or a partial refund for time-lost (at least half of the original cost since we will be paying monthly anyway. If that isn't agreeable, maybe we should start a class action lawsuit to give everyone who signed the legally binding AGREEMENT (by purchasing you AGREED to the terms) some sort of compensation for their troubles and for the AGREEMENT being broken.

I am not blaming the game devs, I mean, things happen. I just think that to be fair, compensation is in order, don't you? Now I have to go read the actual agreement to see if it said something silly like "any promises made by the game production company can be revoked at any time for any reason."
Haha, this thread is gonna be a lolercoaster. Enjoy the ride.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksplinter View Post
No you have not paid for anything.

You also get 1 month free with your game.

There you happy a free month to play.
Yes, in fact I have paid and it was $49 and they already have it.