Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Fine, fine. You lemmings continue to be stepped on every time a corporation makes a promise and doesn't hold their end of the deal.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absalomx View Post
Fine, fine. You lemmings continue to be stepped on every time a corporation makes a promise and doesn't hold their end of the deal.
I guess you've never heard the phrase "Picking your battles."
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:

Welcome to America!
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
someone give this guy a refund for crying out loud! also I think some additional compensation for the man hours he had to put in to typing up this thread, the electricity he used on his computer while typing the thread, not to mention the stress the servers being down has caused. Just think how many hours/months/years have been taken off his life due to the stress CRYPIC caused.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
and you carry on ignoring the small print and making a fool of yourself in public

its a STANDARD MMO PRACTISE to include a non-liability clause in the case of internet outage or server problems, and if you cant be bothered to read it, more fool you sir.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Perhaps you didn't read this part of my post: "I am not blaming the game devs, I mean, things happen. I just think that to be fair, compensation is in order, don't you?" I didn't blame them. I am just saying they made a promise and they should be held to it.
Dude, they don't owe us a damn thing. I am not outraged, I am not angry. Am I a little dissapointed? Yes.

But I'm not going to climb up on my soap box and start demanding trivial things. I'm not going to start begging for handouts or try to rile up the general population. It is just a retarded concept to think that this game would be stable at launch.

Having launched many MMOs before (as a player) I can tell you that this really isn't that bad in comparison. Due to the nature of the product which you and I bought, It is clear that the servers will not be up all the time and that there are factors that exist that limits play.

You signed an End User Terms of Agreement . . . I suggest you read it before you demand trivial, worthless things.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
I am sure many people here would agree that part of the AGREEMENT for the pre-order was to help with open-beta testing and as a result of pre-ordering we would be rewarded with a full weekend to play prior to release and we get to keep those characters that we created during that headstart weekend. Well, I have clocked about 4 hours total this weekend because either the servers were down completely, or the queue was broken.

The company has broken our AGREEMENT and by law I think I am entitled to either a level 11 character (which I could have achieved with the full weekend) or a partial refund for time-lost (at least half of the original cost since we will be paying monthly anyway. If that isn't agreeable, maybe we should start a class action lawsuit to give everyone who signed the legally binding AGREEMENT (by purchasing you AGREED to the terms) some sort of compensation for their troubles and for the AGREEMENT being broken.

I am not blaming the game devs, I mean, things happen. I just think that to be fair, compensation is in order, don't you? Now I have to go read the actual agreement to see if it said something silly like "any promises made by the game production company can be revoked at any time for any reason."
I think you should re-read the AGREEMENT you think you AGREED to. I think you'll find there was no guarantee, express or implied, about specific amounts of game time allowed.

Merely that access would be available from day X to day Y.
And it has been.

I've had the same access, and downtimes everyone else has had, and I, along with others, have made Lt. Cmdr. That you haven't, isn't the fault of Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 03:09 PM
STO TERMS OF USE

VII. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACT OR FAILURE TO ACT BY THEM OR ANY OTHER PERSON REGARDING CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR USE OF THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS SITES, SERVICES OR SOFTWARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH CRYPTIC STUDIOS IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE, AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT(S).

In dummy speak; when you made an account, you agreed that sh*t can happen and if you can't handle it, quit.

So, you may as well just quit.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
More words of wisdom from the generation of entitlement.

GIMME GIMME GIMME
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 03:11 PM
hrhrhr these threads are better than the actual game :p