Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Well, actually, if you'd gone and read the terms of service, there is language that limits the liability of cryptic for pretty much all intents and purposes. They could decide to scrap the game tuesday at 8:59, shut down the servers, pack up, go home, and wouldn't be liable for anything. (From the community, that is, I'm sure they would have words with all the other companies involved here.)

So uh, the short answer is no. You get nothing. You lose. Good day sir.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 03:20 PM
If you actually read the 'agreement', you'll see that they carry no liabiliity at all and the agreement you made stipulates that you agree that the only 'remedy' to any act or failure done by cryptic or 'any other person' (im quoting the clause right now) is to 'stop using the service, and to cancel your account(s)'

It is the 7th clause of the EULA agreement ('Limitation of Liability)

Do you want some more cheese with your whine?
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
My god some people need to get a life....you want a refund before its even released???...what the hell is wrong with people. Try putting nine months into a game, get told its being reset then you can ask for a refund like hundreds did on FM Live. They havent broken a single law or clause. You have got a headstart if you technically played a single minute...its not technically out yet so anyone with common sense would say stop your bi***ing and give it a day at least.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrium View Post
someone give this guy a refund for crying out loud! also I think some additional compensation for the man hours he had to put in to typing up this thread, the electricity he used on his computer while typing the thread, not to mention the stress the servers being down has caused. Just think how many hours/months/years have been taken off his life due to the stress CRYPIC caused.
Haha dead right...give him a blue peter badge(irish and uk folks may only get that joke) for being the biggest whinge on the net...ive meet some idiots in my time but this one does take the buiscuit
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absalomx View Post
Yes, in fact I have paid and it was $49 and they already have it.
Congratulations. You paid for a Box, a disc, and the right to have the game's assets on your hard drive. Let me know when you start paying the monthly fee in march, because until then, you didnt pay to be able to play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absalomx View Post
I am sure many people here would agree that part of the AGREEMENT for the pre-order was to help with open-beta testing and as a result of pre-ordering we would be rewarded with a full weekend to play prior to release and we get to keep those characters that we created during that headstart weekend. Well, I have clocked about 4 hours total this weekend because either the servers were down completely, or the queue was broken.

The company has broken our AGREEMENT and by law I think I am entitled to either a level 11 character (which I could have achieved with the full weekend) or a partial refund for time-lost (at least half of the original cost since we will be paying monthly anyway. If that isn't agreeable, maybe we should start a class action lawsuit to give everyone who signed the legally binding AGREEMENT (by purchasing you AGREED to the terms) some sort of compensation for their troubles and for the AGREEMENT being broken.

I am not blaming the game devs, I mean, things happen. I just think that to be fair, compensation is in order, don't you? Now I have to go read the actual agreement to see if it said something silly like "any promises made by the game production company can be revoked at any time for any reason."
Toolbox. Craftsman.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
The way I see it, I've got a level 11 character, so you can't blame the server outages for the fact you don't yet.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2010, 04:17 PM
I am setting my phasers to 'Righteous Indignation'.