Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
When i was playing , that website only showed game server 2 online , the rest offline .
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
v.v

Kestrel is the writer...while she has more info than us I doubt she has that info nor where the info of that site would come from.

Stop being rude to her.

Also stop commenting on things you don't know jack about.

Most of you are new to MMOs. Most of you have no experience with programming. I'd suspect none of you have experience with working with maintaining the stability of a server or getting it running. Until you do sod off.

That being said... Cryptic and Atari need to get their act together, but I doubt that's going to happen any time soon. We're all still buying the game. lol
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
I has a app on my G1 that lets me know the server status
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Haha, like Hell that STO Server Farm only haves 4 servers to hold everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Haha, like Hell that STO Server Farm only haves 4 servers to hold everyone.
No, but they might have four server clusters that look like single servers to the outside world.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadion View Post
No, but they might have four server clusters that look like single servers to the outside world.
Could be, but that makes no sense. If they had more than one cluster, the other three would be for backup maybe. And since we're experiencing severe downtimes it is safe to assume that there is no backup server avaible.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 05:00 PM
The site may not be telling the truth, but with the way the game is performing right now, it might as well be.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
All these people demanding more information... what use is it to you?

Is there something they could tell you that would allay your disappointment at not being able to play? Is there some set of circumstances that would make unexpected downtimes more acceptable? Why does any of it matter? The only important piece of information to any of us really is whether we can play the game or not.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalius80
All these people demanding more information... what use is it to you?

Is there something they could tell you that would allay your disappointment at not being able to play? Is there some set of circumstances that would make unexpected downtimes more acceptable? Why does any of it matter? The only important piece of information to any of us really is whether we can play the game or not.
You don't seem to understand that most Star Trek fans are gigantic nerds that crunch numbers for breakfast.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDoug
You don't seem to understand that most Star Trek fans are gigantic nerds that crunch numbers for breakfast.
Actually I find that most Star Trek fans are complete idiots that neither live by nor understand the thing that they are a fan of. More over they are fans more because they think it gives them some sort of authority in a subject that they can throw around as if they know something and often are either wrong or lack the imagination or understanding to explain an error away.

And then there are some fans, a very small number in comparison to the first group, that enjoy the series more because it fits with who they are and they understand the principles and ideals the show is trying to portray and further live by them probably naturally. This group know the canon out of love for the series and not because they keep Memory Alpha open or they memorized some fictional information that hold little meaning to the actual show.