Captain
# 1 Canon Orion outfits?
12-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Metal Bikini's are ok and all, but any chance we could ever get a "canon" Orion outfit pack?
Because none of the costumes for Orion females we have at present are at all canon, though ironicly the males do get their "corset" from Enterprise.

First of all with TOS Fed, KDF and Romulan uniforms floating around now, one simply just cannot not have the classic TOS Orion outfit from the original pilot!

Then we also have Yvonne Craigs outfit from "Whom gods destroy".

Jumping ahead a few decades and we have Bobbi Sue luther bringing back the cult classic green alien woman to the TV in ENT: Borderland, with an outfit thats probally too hot for STO.

And later they finally got their feature episode "Bound", where we were treated to three new outfits which were significantly different to what we had seen before.

Whats nice here is that there are also "perfect" reference photo's of at least one of them which would easily permit a faithful and authentic reproduction in-game.
http://www.startrekpropauthority.com...lave-girl.html

Pick one, pick em all, but it would be nice to see our iconic green ladies wearing some iconic clothing as an alternative to the metal bikini Slave Leia knock offs.

Also, would like to see orion cybernetic implants be made available to Orion females as well, since "Bordland" showed that female Orions could have them as well.
Captain
# 2
12-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Oh yes, and a barefoot option for the bare legs and loincloth combination is needed, and should not be a problem to do seeing as we already have that now from the Risa event.
Captain
# 3
12-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Let us not forget:

Quote:
Originally Posted by senatorvreenak View Post
Oh yes, and a barefoot option for the bare legs and loincloth combination is needed, and should not be a problem to do seeing as we already have that now from the Risa event.
Some NPC's have it already.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Commander
# 4
12-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Let us not forget:

Yes, let's forget, PLEASE!

To the OP, the third Orion gal in your last picture (on the right) - me thinks we have that exact outfit in the game. At least that's one down, all the rest to go.
Captain
# 5
12-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I would KILL for this outfit.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Join the PriorityOne fleet today! Also, follow me on Twitter!
Commander
# 6
12-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
I would KILL for this outfit.
Looks more like something out of He-Man than Star Trek....
Captain
# 7
12-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newplayerguy7 View Post
Looks more like something out of He-Man than Star Trek....
And normal male Orion wear doesn't?

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Join the PriorityOne fleet today! Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 8
12-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newplayerguy7 View Post
To the OP, the third Orion gal in your last picture (on the right) - me thinks we have that exact outfit in the game. At least that's one down, all the rest to go.
Actually we don't.
Yes there is a "tattered" top, but they look nothing alike.
Plus there are no other options than metal bikini bottoms either.(which seem pretty damn uncomfortable if you ask me!)
Captain
# 9
12-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senatorvreenak View Post
First of all with TOS Fed, KDF and Romulan uniforms floating around now, one simply just cannot not have the classic TOS Orion outfit from the original pilot!
The outfit from the pilot doesn't count as an actual TOS Orion outfit, because the Orion in the pilot is not actually an Orion, but a fabrication of one created by the Talosians.
Career Officer
# 10
12-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
The outfit from the pilot doesn't count as an actual TOS Orion outfit, because the Orion in the pilot is not actually an Orion, but a fabrication of one created by the Talosians.
Well to be fair, we may assume that since it's based on Pike's memories it's probably somewhat accurate.

----------------------------------------------

On Topic:

In terms of flying around in space, running around on the ground and actually engaging in combat the skinpy stuff makes little sense to me.
In that context some kind of clothing that actually protects you from the elements as well as mundante stuff like a rock you might scratch your arm at or shrapnel coming your way because some redshirt managed to hit the stone you're taking cover behind I think those "flightsuits" were a good idea. Even if they don't look very convincing.
Personally I'd like to see something modernized for the late 24th/early 25th century people who enforce the will of the Syndicate out in the universe as well as fight the enemies of their Klingon allies.
And while it's a "criminal organization", it's probably a well organized one with its own paramilitary army-like substitute. So having a uniform and having one that is practical and useful in all the environments Orions might need to go, makes lots of sense.
So IMHO the suits in TAS are actually something I'd prefer to see over the skimpy stuff from TOS and "Enterprise" because it serves a practical purpose outside the envinronments we saw Orion dancers in.
But of course it wouldn't hurt to update them for STO. So assuming the suits in TAS are as good a representation of an STO-era flightsuit/uniform as the Klingon TAS uniforms are of a TNG-era KDF uniform (very little in fact) how about something from our own history as an added basis?
I think the old Sidcot Flying Suits as a second basis for an Orion Syndicate uniform should do well.

Combine their look with the one from TAS and the Orions can go about their business well-dressed for all occasions.

Last edited by misterde3; 12-15-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typos