Lt. Commander
# 1
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydude
I was unable to get a refund from Atari so I have disputed the purchace of this game with paypal as being unuseable/broken. Gota love paypal
Guess what?

You'll lose.
Lt. Commander
# 2 PayPal dispute
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
I was unable to get a refund from Atari so I have disputed the purchace of this game with paypal as being unuseable/broken. Gota love paypal
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
Guess what?

You'll lose.
That's why you use a major credit card. Or a debit card issued by them.

Both Visa and Mastercard have rules for their merchants, and they can be very strict.

Pretty much anyone who wants to can probably get a refund via chargeback right now if they wished. I do not intend to do this... Yet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Guess what?

You'll lose.
Actually, he probably will win
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
That's why you use a major credit card. Or a debit card issued by them.

Both Visa and Mastercard have rules for their merchants, and they can be very strict.

Pretty much anyone who wants to can probably get a refund via chargeback right now if they wished. I do not intend to do this... Yet.
No, they can't, not without breaking their agreement with Visa/MC. They need to work with Cryptic first and allow the business to make a good-faith effort in a reasonable time to provide the service. I can guarantee no one has done that in accordance with the terms of CC companies.

Also, rushing to a charge back every time you have a complain can affect your record with the credit card company, especially when it's considered friendly fraud. Chargebacks should only be needed if the company isn't providing a service/product after an honest, good faith effort to resolve the situation, or there is an actual fraudulent charge. Using it as a threat to cancel an order rather than obtain a refund is wrong, and will come back to harm you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagiel
Actually, he probably will win
I've used PayPal almost exclusively for years (yay working on the internet) -- unless he can substantiate his argument, he'll lose. Unless he had used a PayPal Debit Card, in which case... well, no. He'll still lose. He should've just lied and argued his card had been stolen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
I've used PayPal almost exclusively for years (yay working on the internet) -- unless he can substantiate his argument, he'll lose. Unless he had used a PayPal Debit Card, in which case... well, no. He'll still lose. He should've just lied and argued his card had been stolen.
50% prime time uptime in a released MMORPG is so far even SOE's standards that it is definitely disputable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Yeah PayPal are NOT consumer friendly. At best they will lock your account for months while they "investigate" (aka ask the retailer how much money they want to give as a bribe) and then you might get your money back.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
but then I would have to go through the hassle of obtaining a new card.But your proably right but hey,it is my only recorse atm being that atari has there refund site buged so you cant ask for a refund
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
You do have grounds for a refund.

Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services, anything you buy from a retailer must be:

* of merchantable quality
* fit for its normal purpose, and reasonably durable
* as described, whether the description is part of the advertising or wrapping, on a label, or something said by the salesperson.

When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him. He agrees to provide certain goods to you for a certain price. If your purchase turns out to be faulty, the retailer, not the manufacturer, is responsible to you and must sort out your complaint. You are entitled to a refund, a replacement or a repair.