Lt. Commander
Cryptic I like your game and I love to play it together with my friends when I have the chance to do so. Normally I would wait and say nothing and hope for the best, but this time, I want to express my feelings, because the server situation gets not better but worse in my opinion.

I wait everyday that the server issues will be resolved (not entirely in one day, but at least that the game would be more playable). In at least 2 out of 4 evenings (Europe) me and my friends tried to play together in the rush hour . But as soon as the US players start to play, we have extreme problems to stay in STO together. At least one of us has to pay the price for the missing server capacity and is disconnected nearly every 5 minutes (or nearly every map change).
Today (31. january) I tried to get into STO and realized the queue. At first I thought "Cool, finally it gets better", but after 30 minutes I wasted again enough time to wait for playtime.

If this proceeds more evenings after work, when we just want to have fun and play your game, we will lose patience and have to draw the consequences. We will play another game. They can at least provide us with stable servers. It's as easy as that.

IT'S SO SAD, because we like your game and we want to play it but you give us no choice. I can't pay for a game and afterwards I'm not able to play it in the time I want to do so with my friends.

I'M AWARE, that it's not easy to bring STO online without problems. I can understand that money is a constant problem in the business. But you also have to understand us. When you go on with server downtimes without a single warning for hours (yesterday) you will scare a lot of people away. I will sit in front of my PC and wait for STO online-time. I will do it a second time. But NOT a third and a fourth time.

:pBut hey. In the end. For the gamers who will stay when this issue won't change. You will have no problems anymore, because now the servers can handle the few left players.

=> PLEASE PLEASE Cryptic, try harder to give us more time to play your game without frustration. Buy more servers and make us all happy.

(Sorry if my english is not perfect. I needed a lot of time to write this as good as possible, because this issue is very important to me and I tried to argue as objective as possible.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
bump bump bump
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
im done! The steam issue has taken out my backup copy of the client! its patching the whole game fils, currently at 1.8%!! that was the last straw for me!! cancellation/refund email sent to steam! shame because the potential of this game is huge, but at present neither the game or the servers are ready for release!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
totally agree, been waiting for about half an hour in the login queue now and i havent been able to log in for more than 5 minutes at a time without being disconnected.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:49 PM
My thoughts exactly. I want to enjoy the game. But Cryptic's server team needs to get their act together. I can only take so much frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styck
im done! The steam issue has taken out my backup copy of the client! its patching the whole game fils, currently at 1.8%!! that was the last straw for me!! cancellation/refund email sent to steam! shame because the potential of this game is huge, but at present neither the game or the servers are ready for release!
So let me get this right. Steam screw up. there are multiple posts saying to download the game via other means and not use steam. you choose to ignore them, and still get ****ed off?

The servers may not be ready, but the game is. I'm sorry to bring up the old saying, but every MMO has its problems. STO is tame in comparison to launches liek WoW, SWG, EQ2 etc.
Lt. Commander
# 7 No Potential
01-31-2010, 04:53 PM
This game has no potential, in 1 month most "causal" gamers like myself will be at max level, and in that time they cannot add enough of what i call hardcore mmo mechancis to make people even like myself stay and play.

I really enjoyed the OB, but now as I pla ythe headstart i realiz just how shallow this game really is.

Again i will say, not enough "hardcore mmo mechanics" for even a causal gamer like myself to keep playing for more than a Month.....

Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Just adding my support. Waiting 30-40 minutes to play is a crime. DCing 5 minutes after I get in because I'm trying to load through another of the millions of load screens is annoying but expected at launch every now and then... but making me get BACK IN LINE after YOUR SERVER kicked me off is a whole different monster.

It's the pre-launch and we're having capacity problems! I want to play and love this game SO MUCH!! Please make it happen guys
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't buy broken sandwiches without complaining either, but so far I've only really paid $7.50 The $5.00 Atari preorder deposit, and $2.50 for a soda at Del Taco. So far I'm getting my money's worth, but when the 2nd hits if I've paid another $55.00 for a broken game I'll be upset.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
I don't believe the 'game' is broken.. just the wet string between thier networked ZX81's.. That's the real problem, the servers don't talk to each other properly, and thent hey throw a hissyfit, and kick ppl off randomly, and not let them back on for a while.