Lt. Commander
I am 100% sure Cryptic has ordered a metric frakk-tonne of servers to cope. They are capitalists at heart and certainly aren't stupid enough to not invest in a game as massively popular as STO.

I don't care what poeple have to say about STO... apparantly it's popular enough to out-fill a global server network so it obviously ain't that bad.

A server needs 48 hours to set up, therefore persevere.

If you can't wait for 48 hours, then not even God can help you.

It's cryptic's fault for not realizing how popular the Star Trek universe is. The popularity is a blessing and a curse for Cryptic.

What ISN'T cryptic's fault however, is that they don't have a replicator and a magic wand, cuz this is what your all expecting of cryptic right now. If your not happy with not being able to expect the impossible, then by all means, quit.

There are enough fanatic trekkies to keep the game going. Whiners need to quit so they stop clogging up the servers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
I am pretty sure that the problem is software. It was running fairly well until tonight so I don't think the problem is lack of hardware.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven of Eleven
I am 100% sure Cryptic has ordered a metric frakk-tonne of servers to cope. They are capitalists at heart and certainly aren't stupid enough to not invest in a game as massively popular as STO.

I don't care what poeple have to say about STO... apparantly it's popular enough to out-fill a global server network so it obviously ain't that bad.

It's cryptic's fault for not realizing how popular the Star Trek universe is. The popularity is a blessing and a curse for Cryptic.

What ISN'T cryptic's fault however, is that they don't have a replicator and a magic wand, cuz this is what your all expecting of cryptic right now. If your not happy with not being able to expect the impossible, then by all means, quit.

There are enough fanatic trekkies to keep the game going. Whiners need to quit so they stop clogging up the servers.
STO forums are no place for posts like this. Edit to a poorly spelled rant please.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Where is the announcement of such? Not one word from them in English since the 3rd consecutive day of "unexpected downtime" announcement.

They need to talk to us.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
They need to talk to us.
That is true
Lt. Commander
# 6
I know 3 people who finally downloaded tonight. I'm pretty sure they just got an influx, not to mention that now is EU + US crossover time.

More hardware plox xD Go Cryptic go!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:26 PM
how do we know anything if they dont tell us? cant they spare one guy for five minutes to post something to ease our frantic anxiety?

you are just guessing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:

except they have sales figures and have known how many have sold. so you cant say they were surprised.

Star Trek is a phenom. Its a shame it was wasted on Ctyptic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Where is the announcement of such? Not one word from them in English since the 3rd consecutive day of "unexpected downtime" announcement.

They need to talk to us.
Why would they need to communicate, when they can just wait for the pack of rabid red uniformed fanboys to come and defend them?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Have patience. Cryptic is installing new servers..
[Citation Needed]