01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
I want a million dollars a year.
Lt. Commander
# 12 well
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by local.host View Post
Let me ask you this, then.

When my total monthly subscription payments over the next year and a half is greater than your contribution at the beginning, should I be taken off the queue and then you get added to one?

After all, I will have paid more by then than you. So, using that logic, my contribution will be greater than yours to the game since I will continue to pay a subscription. Maybe we should just add lifers to a queue because they won't be paying over the long term.
No not saying your Shouldnt be taken off, perhaps after the years worth of play then your equal to lifers so be fair then. I just dont like the fact that i paid so must to sit in a que that i have now been number 400 in for the past half hour or so
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm a lifetimer, and really. I feel this is an investment in your company, and therefore I want my .0000001% share of the company.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatsui
yanno i was upset tonight about queues but this post is the best post i have seen in like weeks all the haters and the kids moaning about STO the devs ect ect ... i'm a long time trekkie fan and have been waiting for this mmo for a very long time all in all the sto mmo is amazing and a big thumbs up i'm a lifer subby and have baught many of the retail boxes even getting friends in the states to buy me the collectors as we cant get that version in the uk but i'm yabbering on..

to the point queues suck big time i'm not a fan of them and i just want to play sto like everyone else but slagging them off when there trying to improve service does not help the situation so cut them some slack it will all come right in the end.

to Local host thanks for this post it made me giggle.
No problem.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
That sounds pretty authentic. Did someone actually respond to the support ticket?
No... just what I would expect them to say.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
i honestly wouldnt mind having all those perks
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
I don't have a lifetime. I guess they don't have sarcasm where you come from.
you still have too much time. I need some. care to give me any?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
This has got to be the dumbest thread yet. I also got a life time membership...guess what..You AREN'T doing Cryptic any favors, after about 16 months, you have paid for your membership and every minute after that you play is Gratis to them..the get nothing. This complaint is like a coupon holder getting mad at the restauraunt for not wanting them to get unlimted refills at the soda machine.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaisey
No not saying your Shouldnt be taken off, perhaps after the years worth of play then your equal to lifers so be fair then. I just dont like the fact that i paid so must to sit in a que that i have now been number 400 in for the past half hour or so
That's the thing you're not catching: lifetime subscription never meant you would be removed from things that effect the community as a whole.

People think Lifetime = elite status. We all pay money for the service, thus, we must all be treated equally. Saying because you paid more for the same service than others means you should be entitled to something is incorrect.

You paid more for the same service because of what was offered as a perk at the time. If they remove lifetimes from the queue mechanism, more people will buy lifetime, defeating the whole purpose of the queue in the first place.

The reason there is a queue is because they are trying to make the servers more stable.

I was in a 500+ queue earlier, and it was like that for like 5 minutes. Then it logged me in, and the server was still slow as hell. At least it was up.

They probably won't need a queue when they get more server infrastructure for the thing. We can only hope that they get some more CPU power on Monday.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyphoenix
you still have too much time. I need some. care to give me any?
Quit STO and you'll have plenty of time.

I'm at work right now, so I can't play, but I can visit forums.