Lt. Commander
I understand it makes the target fire on friendlies...but is it an area of affect weapon? Does it break locks on the user?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
I understand it makes the target fire on friendlies...but is it an area of affect weapon? Does it break locks on the user?
You're thinking of Scramble Sensors

Jam Targeting Sensors makes it so the ship you targeted can't see you or target you.

Scramble is an AOE that spreads to enemy ships and makes them see all friendly targets as selectable enemies to fire on.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Right. Jam Sensors is a single target, 10km range, 360 degree arc placate. It starts out with about a 9 second duration, but I have got it up to 12. It starts with a 1:30 recharge, but I have gotten it down to 1. The foe you target with it cannot attack you during the placate.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda
You're thinking of Scramble Sensors

Jam Targeting Sensors makes it so the ship you targeted can't see you or target you.

Scramble is an AOE that spreads to enemy ships and makes them see all friendly targets as selectable enemies to fire on.
I just saw it for the BO trainer, its listesd under Jam Targeting Sensors II(makles friendlies shoot each other)...right next to Jam Sensors II(makes you disappear)...I thought thats what I saw...darn it, i just logged off.

Do these 2 or 3(so confused) skills share cool downs?

it appears that the skill Scramble Sensors I is actually labeled Jam targeting Sensors I...so the question remains...does Scramble sensors break target locks?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Scramble sensors is a ranged aoe effect, firing a sensor probe at an initial target which explodes in a big bloom of greenish particles, not sure of the dimensions offhand, but I believe a 3km radius is about right, so anything within that range of your initial target will get 'dusted'.

Vs NPCs, there appears to be a delay, if the enemies were already targeting you, they will get at least a few more shots off (finishing out their cycle...kinda like how we do if we switch targets midfight, your weapons will still fire off at the last target before switching to the new one), and then for around 12 seconds they'll shoot at each other.

In beta, scramble used to work against the enemies mines as well, but I haven't been able to replicate it in live, possibly because the minelayer and the mines (both scrambled) are too far away from each other to activate.

Depending on the type of vessels you scramble, can lead to more worthwhile results. Mixed results in PvE missions, as you mostly get smaller mission spawns of things that are of 'lighter weight', as ship class goes up, number of ships seems to go down. Works really nice on deep space encounters and some fleet action missions though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 06:04 AM
I noticed the naming conventions were a tad odd too.

"Jam Targeting Sensors I" and "Jam Targeting Sensors II", when moused over, give the description of "Scramble Sensors". It even says Scramble Sensors on the first line under Jam Targeting Sensors. They perform the same confuse attack that Scramble Sensors does.

My assumption is that they were name changes and those ranks got missed. The names are so close with Jam Sensors I can imagine they decided to change Jam Targeting Sensors to Scramble to make it easier to distinguish.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Basically, it does this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcArnepkhv0
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 07:03 AM
I love Jam Targeting sensors.

You walk into an alpha strike, use that ability on the Negh'var and take significantly less dmg. It is a nice ability to take the big guns out of the fight for 9 seconds so you can recharge your shields, get your energy up....**** that bird of prey while exposing your unshielded side to the jammed enemy..etc.

Overall, VERY fun ability.