Lt. Commander
# 1 Didnt we ASK for a que?
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Call me crazy, but many times in this forum people list a login que as a way to fix server crashes. And personally, I will be happy to wait to log in, if that means the server is UP when I do get in.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady_J
Call me crazy, but many times in this forum people list a login que as a way to fix server crashes. And personally, I will be happy to wait to log in, if that means the server is UP when I do get in.
No pleasing some people
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Yes, we did ask for a queue. And, now that we have one, we have the inevitable complaints of "WTF! A queue??".

It's the ancient case of you can please some of the people some of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Yep, and its still better than manually relogging for an eternity.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:01 PM
You mean to replace the "..server is busy" error?

Shouldn't happen to begin with. Cryptic should have taken the hind and done a major overhaul on their infrastructure before this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:01 PM
I do have to say though that if I purchased this game in a store, installed it, and then logged in only to find myself in a 1,000+ person queue I'd be pretty turned off. Maybe if they could put character creation outside of the queue ... or give those folks in queue something to do, maybe a mini-game. I dunno. But I have to agree with those who have said a queue in Head Start does not bode well for retail release.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Yes, we did

You can't please an MMO community.

I didnt realise there were this many idiots in the world
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
The point isn't that there's a queue for me. That's fine It really is better than trying to manually relog and get teh "Server is busy" message all the time.

My problem is that there's a queue of 1200 people in Headstart. This is only the pre-order people playing and they're already behind the 8-ball server wise. Did they really not expect a game with "Star Trek" in the title to be popular? Really? Didn't they know how many people pre-ordered?

If they are so woefully under prepared for just the pre-orders, what's it going to be like on February 2nd?
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRAVE View Post
Yes, we did

You can't please an MMO community.

I didnt realise there were this many idiots in the world
ooooh yes....

But then again everyones definition of 'idiot' is different. *shrug*

Cant please everyone XD
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
If you want to be so selfless for them to fix the servers, then why not simply turn off the game and come back in a few weeks?