Career Officer
So i have done this 3 times now, I download the full 12 gigs of the game and load in after a few mins of play the game freezes completely i can move my mouse and can select things on my 2nd screen. I can't get out of it to force quit, I the have to restart to get control of my computer. So unfortunately i can't send any type of crash report due the freeze.
Here are my specs of my iMac
Early 2009 iMac
Processor: 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

So system wise i should easily be able to play on at least the min settings
I have this computer Bootcamped with windows 7 and i have and can still play it on the windows partition.

Join The Swarm
Career Officer
# 2
12-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Wow am i the only person having this issue.... well this sucks. Guess playing that game is completely off the books till I see some other people having this issue.

Join The Swarm
Career Officer
# 3
12-09-2013, 02:08 AM
First of all i suggest opening the game in safe mode.
you can do this in the options of the launcher.

next make sure the anti aliasing is switched off and set it to windows maximized at native resolution.

for some reason i find it runs better this way compared to scaling the screen size.

for added performance you can knock off the lens flares and bloom. these dont work anyway at the moment.

Also you can check in on Saturdays STOKed for a quick update of game performance.

----------------------------------------
----Lt Cmdr @Thorley - Jupiter Force----
----------------------------------------
Ensign
# 4
12-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekojesse View Post
Wow am i the only person having this issue.... well this sucks. Guess playing that game is completely off the books till I see some other people having this issue.
You're not the only one having this issue if you look at the other threads in this forum.

I've gone from playing for 30+ minutes to hanging just standing in front the traders at the star base. I would have to assume there are some particular driver issues that didn't show up during their internal testing that is making whether or not one can play a rather hit-or-miss proposition.

I launch the game every couple days to see if things are playable. My latest launch hung just loading the world after hitting play.
Career Officer
# 5
12-10-2013, 06:54 AM
It has been my experience that the Mac Client is extremely unstable under 10.9. At best I can get 15 minutes of play before the client locks up under 10.9 on both a Mac Pro and MBP. (90% of the time I am able to force quit out of the client when it is in this locked up state).

On a MacBook Air running 10.8.5 the game seems to be stable with only the occasional crash or graphical glitch. Anecdotally a lot of the issues seem to be Cider on 10.9 problems. I'd like to know if Cryptic is able to replicate these crashes and lockups on 10.9 internally and/or if Transgaming is working on a fix.