Career Officer
# 1 Looking to Change Weapons
12-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I fly a scimitar, and have become pretty good at killing ships relatively quickly. I am currently using cannons with a 180 degree firing arc, and feel my flying skills are good enough for me to go down to dual beam banks with 90 degree firing arcs.

In the past, I've used cannon rapid fire I and III, along with plasma weapons. The proc on the plasma weapons is about 15 seconds, but I find most targets die before 15 seconds, so feels like I'm wasting something.

I was thinking of changing to a weapon with a more useful proc. How about tetryon weapons? Any of you guys like them? If not them, then what do you suggest.

BTW, if I change to beams, I'll retrain for beam array overload I and III and use my torps to increase damage. Thanks!
Captain
# 2
12-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Beams are currently bugged and do not proc.

Your using single cannons with rapid fire?
Try dual heavies with scatter volley.

Tetryon is ok..cheap and under appreciative. The thing is. When the shields are gone...the proc is useless.

The best proc is disruptors. I like polarized disruptors myself. Drain systems a fair chunk and puts a decent hull debuff on the attacked.

Overall procs don't matter too much in single player content...disruptor is the best due to boosting the team's damage
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread
Career Officer
# 3
12-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Oh my gosh, something else that is bugged? Let's change the name to BugTrek Online.

Thanks, I'll look into the disruptors. Haven't thought about them, yet. Any other suggestions?

The dual heavies only have a firing arc of 45 degrees, which is a little narrow for my lumbering ship. Maybe I'll work up to something more maneuverable, but for now I kind of like the slower turn rate. Fits my current abilities.
Rihannsu
# 4
12-07-2013, 03:51 PM
What sets are you currently running with? Any of the Reputation gear, or just random drop gear?
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
Career Officer
# 5
12-07-2013, 03:53 PM
purple plasma cannons, 4 front, one torp, and 2 purple turrets and a cutting beam rear.

All are plasma ATM. Thanks.

BTW, I like PVE and don't go for PVP much at all right now.

Last edited by mackermomo; 12-07-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
12-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
The best proc is disruptors. I like polarized disruptors myself. Drain systems a fair chunk and puts a decent hull debuff on the attacked.
Do you really see a difference in PVE when draining the power from the NPCs? If so, does it just show up as less damage coming your way or is there something else?
Captain
# 7
12-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackermomo View Post
Do you really see a difference in PVE when draining the power from the NPCs? If so, does it just show up as less damage coming your way or is there something else?
Borg adapt to subsystem drain but in nws I see more shield damage, slower ships, weaker incoming damage, I can't tell if aux does anything.

Sometimes on a multiproc, shields go offline. No incoming energy damage and the ship stops all together...the more flow caps, the better
Chive on and prosper

Career Officer
# 8
12-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Wow. Those effects sound nice. What is NWS?
Captain
# 9
12-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackermomo View Post
Wow. Those effects sound nice. What is NWS?
No win scenario. 10 waves of a specific faction's fleet tries to kill a transport that you must protect
Chive on and prosper

Rihannsu
# 10
12-07-2013, 05:59 PM
When I wrote gear I meant things like shields, Deflectors, Engines, and consoles.

Personally I like the Plasma beams/Romulan Hyper-Plasma torp/Rapid Reload Transphasic/Bio-nural torp set up I have on my Mirror Star.

Besides those weapons I have the Romulan Singularity harness 2/3rds of the way installed. This gives me Plasma Conductive Circuitry: +7.6% Plasma Damage , +15.2 Starship Electro-Plasma System.

This is on top of a Nukara Particle Converter (+5 Shield Power Setting, +17.3 Starship Power Insulators, +17.3 Starship Particle Generator, +10% Accuracy with Beam Weapons) and the Mark XI Reman set ( Prototype Plasma Projectile: +15 Starship Particle Generator, Enchances your High Yield Plasma torpedos: Increased Flight Speed, Increased Defense / Covariant Capacitance Cell: When receiving All Energy Damage, 10% chance of applying Covariant Capacitiance Cell, +5% Maximum Shield Capacity for 15 sec (stacks up to 10 times) )
I want to add to this the Adapted Borg Assimilated Module and the Omega Plasma Torpedo which would give me a further (Omega Weapon Amplifier: On hit with any energy weapon, 2.5% chance: to self: Applies Omega Weapon Amplifier: +10 Current Weapon Power , +500 Current Weapon Power Resistance Rating for 3 sec , +500 Maximum Weapon Power Resistance Rating for 3 sec )

If you want to have some Tetryon weapons, get 2/3rds or all of the Nikara Appropriated Munitions set from the Nukara Rep.

If you want Anti-proton, get the Ancient Obelisk set by rerunning Sphere of Influence and maybe a Tachyokinetic Converter. I use the Ancient tech on my Yellowstone, and it does fairly well for a shuttle.
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.