Rihannsu
# 1 Nanopulse Weapons VS Borg
12-07-2013, 03:23 PM
If I use a Nanopulse weapon in the Borg Ground fights, do they adapt to it like any other energy weapon meaning I need to re-tune the frequencies, or can I just keep hacking like any other melee weapon?
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
Career Officer
# 2
12-07-2013, 03:32 PM
The borg adapt to any energy weapon including these. If you wish to dice borg use a sword or a bat'leth. (lirpa is ugly)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Rihannsu
# 3
12-07-2013, 03:45 PM
I usually use the Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle backed by the Shattering Harmonic sword or a Nanite Disruptor Pulse or Dense rifle. Only asked cause I have enough trinkets for one of the nanopulse weapons.

-cocks head- Never tried it, but do the Borg adapt or ignore Cold attacks from things like the Cryo launcher or the Nukey Cryo Assault rifles?

-blinks- Dude... Romulan flamethrower is out? And i'm nearly Tier 5? I think that's the first thing I'm buying. Take it and fry some Borg.
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damzelltrill View Post
-cocks head- Never tried it, but do the Borg adapt or ignore Cold attacks from things like the Cryo launcher or the Nukey Cryo Assault rifles?
I believe they do. When I was leveling, I tried out the Cryo weapon you get during the Breen arc against the Borg that show up briefly during the Undine arc. They eventually adapted to it like everything else.
Captain
# 5
12-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
The borg adapt to any energy weapon including these. If you wish to dice borg use a sword or a bat'leth. (lirpa is ugly)
Sooo we don't use a lirpa because of your opinion on its appearance.

Sure.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
12-08-2013, 02:59 AM
Normal bat'leth have 80% bleedthrough, nanopulse have 0% but higher DPS than MK XII purple. So i thing this weapons are bad just like the ferengi energy whip, they just look cool.
Borg can and will adapt.

R.R.W. NIGHTHAWK / R.R.W. CONDOR / R.R.W. NARADA
Rihannsu
# 7
12-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Mkay, thanks guys. I think I'll still pick on up for the "Oh Shiny!" factor, and it being a light source when I do the Station Defense ground mission.
Career Officer
# 8
12-08-2013, 06:42 AM
The best way (and most funny way too, might I add) to kill Borg is to kick them... if you are a Tactical, anyways.

"not yIbup. not yIjegh. Haw'be', SuvwI'.
reH yIvoq'egh, not yIHon'egh 'ej 'IwlIj ghogh yIQoy!"

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
# 9
12-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Fighting the borg is easy, most of the times (well, hard difficulty levels are harder) it doesnt matter if they adapt. Even with plasma weapons you can hurt em badly. The thing is to use you most powerful weapon first, in my case i have a romulan blast assault plasma rifle, i remodulate, i apply my tactical/stealth/damage abilites, and i use the AoE shot 2 of the romulan blast to a group of borgs. Since i have great crit chance and damage, i almost can kill in a blast 4 borgs, including 2 tactical ones. If not, then i switch to my anti-borg riffle (i will damage em no matter if they adapt) and i finish the job. I dont need to re-modulate again. Against borg, engineer builds can use mortars, mines or watever and its easier, but tacticals (my case), for example need to use direct attacks mostly.
Besides, if you have some melee attakcs like lounge (in my case, since im caitian) its even easier, just in case any borg resist to die.. .

Cryo launcher is really bad against borg, dont use it xD. It makes sense thou, since the borg temperature is lowered and they resist low temperatures.

Last edited by edgecrysger; 12-08-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Captain
# 10
12-08-2013, 07:23 AM
I'd love to use the flamethrower on the Borg, but unfortunately they adapt exceedingly fast to it, so it's not even worth the lolz. The fun thing about nanopulse weapons is that if you get a combo attack hit on a target and it takes their health to 0, they vaporize no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)