Rihannsu
Cryptic,

Today, using the Mac beta version, (which I have used for months with no issue now) STO freezes and I have to reboot my computer, as I cannot exit out of the app window of STO.

Reproduction steps:
1. I logged into my Romulan character, Hifvarh
2. I am doing the "Between the Stars" mission
3. Once on station, after activating the door console, I froze halfway down the hallway.
4. The second time, when fighting the Voth, I froze mid battle.
Rihannsu
# 2
02-19-2014, 05:46 AM
Crptic,

Same, issue again today.

Reproduction steps:
1. I logged into my Romulan character, Diae
2. Went to Starship Bridge, of Suliban Vessel
3. Accessed exchange. Put items on exchange for about 5 minutes.
4. Screen froze with exchange tab still open. Unable to close STO app for mac beta. Unable to move cursor, or change between apps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2014, 06:02 AM
Try changing/reducing your graphic settings and turning off Anti-Alaising.
Survivor of Remus
# 4
02-19-2014, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelipse04 View Post
I done this because I was having the same problem with my mac and it seems to have fixed the problem
Captain
# 5
02-19-2014, 07:09 AM
Why would anyone try to play this on a Mac? The PC version isn't buggy enough?
This all happened... more, or less.
Rihannsu
# 6
02-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Cryptic,

Third time today, screen has frozen, unable to exit app, have to reboot This happened once or twice since November, but never twice, let alone 3 times.

Reproduction steps:
1. I logged into my Romulan character, Six-of-Nine
2. Went to Defari Borg Invasion map
3. Went to easy level of Power Plant.
4. Almost completed mission, when froze during interacting with power plant console.
Rihannsu
# 7
02-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelipse04 View Post
I will try this. However, I already play on the lowest graphic settings. Maybe turning off the anti-alaising will help.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
02-19-2014, 04:39 PM
I have a similar problem when running the Mac beta. On some but not all launches, the game will freeze within 5 or so minutes.

Force quitting via command-option-escape (opt-tab application switching and the mouse become disabled in the freeze) and relaunching the game gets me back in the saddle; thus far it has never frozen on consecutive launches.
Don't phaze me, bro!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2014, 07:36 PM
wayofdera; what kind of Mac are you trying to play on? Technical specs would be good to post too.
Ensign
# 10
02-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitycompleted View Post
I have a similar problem when running the Mac beta. On some but not all launches, the game will freeze within 5 or so minutes.

Force quitting via command-option-escape (opt-tab application switching and the mouse become disabled in the freeze) and relaunching the game gets me back in the saddle; thus far it has never frozen on consecutive launches.

Yes this works perfectly just force quit the game through Cmd+Alt+Esc and relaunch the game sometimes the client decides to be annoying and it takes several tries to re-open but it does work.

For Mac Spec's i'm pretty sure it's not really what's affecting your performance and or causing issues. For example there's various bugs in the client at the moment one being a texture bug that messes up the textures and animations and turns em into pixel form.

However before the last patch I think they had fixed it but now after the client got patched it seems to be out again. I also tend to have a lower frame rate in the Dino Sphere after the update. These bugs can all be related to some extent.

Also there have been previous posts where the frame rate on the MacOS Client Is LOWER than the normal Windows client on the same computer. So for all of you on Mac's thinking you may have crappy computer's it may not be the computer's fault.