Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Do you think you're going to get a gold star from Cryptic for posting this? What's your motive?

If you're having fun playing, then great! Play away!

But for those of us that paid to play in Head Start and have been trying all day long, but getting no more than 5-10 minutes of play at a time, this is a ****-poor experience so far.

Hey...I could have waited until things are "fixed" in a month or so, but if that had been my goal, I wouldn't have paid full price for the game in pre-order. I would have waited until the game went to bargain bin prices.

If that's what Cryptic is trying to encourage, then they will reap rewards of that size. It's really up to them.

If you don't like the complaining, then don't read the forums. Forums, by their nature, are a steam-venting valve for customers when there are times of trouble. In fact, it's actually quite critical that forums allow such negativity, because the alternative to being able to vent is simply to quit. And Cryptic doesn't really want that to happen, do they?

In this case, Cryptic has quite obviously dropped the ball. Let them pick it up. Don't pretend that their objective was to drop the ball in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavetrooper View Post
Guys/Girls,

Come on give Cryptic a bloody chance!
I've never met so many impatient and complaining people! Remember we are on headstart and do you all suffer from short term memory?! This game has come leaps and bounds from development to beta to now in a relatively short time. Overall it is in good shape and will only get better. Please give it a chance to blossom and don't kill it off before it even gets going.

Also those who say it is a rip off from Champions Online and City of Heroes, one question have you actually played them? Yes the engine is the same, but this game is in an entirely different league!

Finally for all those patient gamers who just what to enjoy the game and give Cryptic more than the headstart sorry for being negative just fed up with all the negativity being thrown at this game
People will always complain. I don't really blame them, the game is just not worth the money at this point. A few weeks from now it might be good though.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick_Hawkke
you think there is whining here? go read the wow forums lol
Sorry this lot and the lot over at WoW aint a patch on the old SWG forums they were unbelievable, i was in 4 guilds during my 5 years there and in 2 i was the designated 'info from the forums gatherer' as no one else wanted to go near them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Guys/Girls,

I've never met so many impatient and complaining people! Remember we are on headstart and do you all suffer from short term memory?! This game has come leaps and bounds from development to beta to now in a relatively short time. Overall it is in good shape and will only get better. Please give it a chance to blossom and don't kill it off before it even gets going.

Also those who say it is a rip off from Champions Online and City of Heroes, one question have you actually played them? Yes the engine is the same, but this game is in an entirely different league!

Finally for all those patient gamers who just what to enjoy the game and give Cryptic more than the headstart sorry for being negative just fed up with all the negativity being thrown at this game
+100
Well said.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Every MMO I have ever played has had similar launch issues. Its rare a launch goes without a few issues in this industry. They have a great deal of time and money invested in this. They will sort it out and make it work.

Personally I think the idea of an open beta followed by a pre-order head start then launch was genius. This gives them a chance to figure out what their problems are going to be and work toward fixing them on the official launch day.

So far, I'm loving it. When the game is up it is reasonably stable. I have had a few crashes and I've let the dumps go all the way through the routine to send the errors to Cryptic. I'd say give it a month or two and this game will be running slick as a whistle.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
MMO genre is truly fuc*ed, I mean people try some game then they bash it in the forums for a millenia...so everyone else would stop playing as well and the sad part is that many people do quit just by reading what other people think about something. Not creating their own mind about something is just plain stupid.

Originally I've searched for forums about hints, tips, guides or something similar but I just cant evade the general chat in every mmo forum, 100 000 threads about how crappy that particular game is.

I just hope that people who think something is wrong with the game could come up with some intelligent comments or suggestion and not make million threads about "this game will DIE!!!" , "when this will be F2P" etc...

+100 for the OP
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
I say if people are so damn outraged about the lack of servers they should help 'em out and pitch in to buy a few more. ****, we could all gather together our Mountain Dew bottles and we'd have enough for two, at least.

Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
The problem is Human Nature.

You can have a group of 10 people say waiting patiently in a queue at the post office.
Then one complains and the feeling spreads to the rest of the customers in the queue. This leads to a general anger then rage. Sooner or later the queue starts to push and shove and before you know it a petrol bomb is thrown and the post office burns down!

Now look at it in a different way...

That one person doesn't complain, the rest of the customers queue and post their letters etc.... The Post Office gets its money and decides to implement changes (more staff, online services etc...) next week the customer doesn't queue, the following week they do it all online.

Now I want Cryptic to succeed and I know the example above is extreme, but this sort of negativity can't be helping the fan base (customers) or Cryptic (Post Office).
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Guys/Girls,

they had that chance, a nice big long one, it was called BETA.......remember that? We do, which is why THIS is unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
heh you obviously didn't attend the Darkfall launch worst in history but game is so perfect now