Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Ports to play STO
02-01-2010, 03:25 AM
What are the port numbers that i need to open on my firewall to play this game?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockatansky View Post
What are the port numbers that i need to open on my firewall to play this game?
From what I've dug up for my home firewall, they're TCP ports 80 and 7000 to 8000 to the destionations 208.95.184.0-208.95.187.255
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM
You do not need to open any inbound ports for the game to work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
You do not need to open any inbound ports for the game to work.
As true as that is, I think some people (not sure about the OP though), might be interested in the outbound (destination) ports too.

I for once needed this info and had to pretty much "guess" the numbers (see my previous post) in order to configure the traffic shaper on my router to prioritize STO traffic. Many people playing on shared ADSL or slow (<1mbps) upload connections need to do it if they want to have decent latencies (p2p & torrents junkie roommates ftl).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
As true as that is, I think some people (not sure about the OP though), might be interested in the outbound (destination) ports too.

I for once needed this info and had to pretty much "guess" the numbers (see my previous post) in order to configure the traffic shaper on my router to prioritize STO traffic. Many people playing on shared ADSL or slow (<1mbps) upload connections need to do it if they want to have decent latencies (p2p & torrents junkie roommates ftl).
The better solution for that problem involves a crowbar and a flamethrower ;-) (but the server-side port range is 7000-7500)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 PM.