Lt. Commander
# 1 More people on tuesday really?
01-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Why does everyone think there going to be alot more people on tuesday? Most of the people that want to play this game are already playing. Who would wait to buy the game and play on tuesday, when they could've been playing right now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie
Who would wait to buy the game and play on tuesday, when they could've been playing right now?
Kids who don't have credit cards and can't wrestle mommy and daddy's card out of their hand for preorder.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie
Why does everyone think there going to be alot more people on tuesday? Most of the people that want to play this game are already playing. Who would wait to buy the game and play on tuesday, when they could've been playing right now?
I happen to be one. As much as I would have liked to par take in the beta version, I have decided to wait, due to other priorities, IE: work, school ,family, and thing like that, not to mention that STO will be slightly more stable. All in due time....
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:49 PM
And those of us who haven't been able to get our headstart codes from the vendors we preordered from...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Maybe little Timmy only had 28 dollars and 43 cents and couldn't afford to pay the full $39.99 before the 28th, so Timmy decided he would wait until the weekend to make money because it was supposed to be really hot outside on Saturday and Sunday and he could make a few extra bucks selling lemonade. So on Friday Timmy got his mom to help make the lemonade and his dad to help build a nice wooden stand and lemonade sign for the business. Then in the early morning on Saturday Timmy went out and set up the lemonade stand to sell some beverages to thirsty customers. After working for a total of 5 hours over both Saturday and Sunday, Timmy earned 16 dollars and 25 cents selling the lemonade. With this added to his original amount, Timmy had just enough money to purchase Star Trek Online on the first Tuesday of February.

Unfortunately Timmy did not realize he will need to pay a monthly fee, but that's a story for another day.
Lt. Commander
# 6 There will be more people
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Put the game on the shelves at Best Buy, Target etc... and there will certainly be many more people.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
People who play beta and head start are only a subset of total gamers. Once the game goes retail the population will probably explode, and then either grow or taper after the first free month.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligoh View Post
Maybe little Timmy only had 28 dollars and 43 cents and couldn't afford to pay the full $39.99 before the 28th, so Timmy decided he would wait until the weekend to make money because it was supposed to be really hot outside on Saturday and Sunday and he could make a few extra bucks selling lemonade. So on Friday Timmy got his mom to help make the lemonade and his dad to help build a nice wooden stand and lemonade sign for the business. Then in the early morning on Saturday Timmy went out and set up the lemonade stand to sell some beverages to thirsty customers. After working for a total of 5 hours over both Saturday and Sunday, Timmy earned 16 dollars and 25 cents selling the lemonade. With this added to his original amount, Timmy had just enough money to purchase Star Trek Online on the first Tuesday of February.

Unfortunately Timmy did not realize he will need to pay a monthly fee, but that's a story for another day.
hahahha more please, tell us another story about little Timmy, lol that was very good, hahaha cant stop laughing hehheehe
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:00 PM
People who go into Best Buy and say, "OOOOOOO, look! That game looks cool!" Buy STO and then clog the log in Q and keep asking where Sulu is.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah, this for sure is one of the reasons. Yes, unfortunately we still use currency in this century, and we will for quite some time to come. Also, from my own experience, I'll wait for rewiews and try to get a general feel for the game. In the early days for me, I would always pre-order or buy a game the day it shiiped, I've learned that it's typically better to wait than to be the one with being the first with bragging rights.