Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Now that I've successfully distracted everyone from all the BS nerf this, nerf that, omg I got pwned because so-and-so is OP, maybe we can get back to real issues and actual feedback.

To those who took this opportunity to sling personal attacks, you just showed that it's you not I that needs to get a life and chill. Clearly, ya'll are the only folks taking things too personally.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
was "klinks" ever in the TV shows? can't say I remember it. anyway it sounds dumb and I just call them klingons
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM
does this mean i can't call the Cardassians Spoon heads either? Thats a shame, First the Klingons Start a war, now they are trying to take our hostile nickname for them away from us... the line must be drawn here! this far, no further!
Lt. Commander
# 24
I'm guessing this is directed at me since I do use the word a lot and I'm going to continue to use it. It is a nickname, not a "racial slur" and it beats typing out Klingon(s) 5-10 times a post. I'm sorry if you do not like it, my suggestion is to either report my posts for it if you truly believe it is offensive or ignore me.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
Now that I've successfully distracted everyone from all the BS nerf this, nerf that, omg I got pwned because so-and-so is OP, maybe we can get back to real issues and actual feedback.

To those who took this opportunity to sling personal attacks, you just showed that it's you not I that needs to get a life and chill. Clearly, ya'll are the only folks taking things too personally.
Oh Im sorry, I was looking at your pasted face on a kinks head.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Back in the days, Deep Space Nine was actually criticized for using racial slurs.

Cardassians were called spoonheads.

No joke.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
was "klinks" ever in the TV shows? can't say I remember it. anyway it sounds dumb and I just call them klingons
The term actually originates from the fans, but got widespread use by spreading through the Starfleet Battles players. Note that this is SFB, not Starfleet Command, though many of the people using the term probably inherited it from contact with original SFB players, or those that had contact.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
You started the thread if you weren't taking this personal and this didn't bother you then why did you start the thread?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Klink is a racial slur that needs to be stopped just like any and all real life racial slurs.
I've heard turtle head too many times to count too.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:

constructive feed back would actually occur if some actually gave feedback instead as you said Nerf everything into oblivion because I cant be on top of the PVP food chain .