Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Coming Down In 10 Min
01-31-2010, 04:43 PM
I just got a in game msg the server is coming down for 90 minutes.

C ya'll later
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Hey...at least they told us this time rather than just DC'ing us. And it's supposed to only be maybe 1.5 hrs of downtime! ><
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
The Servers can't seem to stay up at all. This isn't going well for STO. It is a great game on some really bad servers. Although, I would be betting they are either fixing or getting rid of the queue lines since the amount of people saying they are getting refunds.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:45 PM
OMG... spoiled brats nowadays
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:46 PM
What I'm really trying to understand is how the servers have been so unstable since head start while they were relatively stable during the closing part of OB.

I mean, you figure there are slightly less people now in headstart than in OB since OB had a lot of people who hadn't subscribed but were only using free codes. Headstart is all paying customers.

Wonder what they did between close of OB and start of headstart to throw things so out of whack.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
This is the second time TODAY!

WTH are they going to do come Tues, take the server down every freaking day?!

Maybe I'm spoiled by Turbine but DDO and LotRO launch went pretty smooth.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxyphoenix
OMG... spoiled brats nowadays
Expecting to play a game for which they have paid good money. The gall.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiusPrime View Post
The Servers can't seem to stay up at all. This isn't going well for STO. It is a great game on some really bad servers. Although, I would be betting they are either fixing or getting rid of the queue lines since the amount of people saying they are getting refunds.
I'd be jumping up and down for joy if that was the case lol. I was quite content last night, even with the few hours of down time. At least I got in 3 times and was able to get up to almost level 6. All day today, with the Queues and DC's I've managed maybe 10 minutes of play time. I'd rather have the server come down for 2 hours at a time every 6 hours and have those hours in between to play.

That's way better then sitting in a Queue and having it kick you back to the Login screen when you get down to a 100 and something. It's done that too me for the last hour....
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:50 PM
lololol classic!!! wait in Queue for 1 hour
to play 30mins and be told servers going down, i get to sit there do nothing

at this rate i might as well play EVE
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:50 PM
im a tad peeved tbh, with the time difference from you yanks to us brits, ive seen maybe 2hrs of gametime in as many days with kicks, queues 4hrs of downtimes, etc etc. I have been starting to think lol that the 50mb patch we downloaded was in fact a cryptic error that reverted the game to day one of OB stableness, like Klingons still having fed boffs, lawl thats gonna sell well.

Either way Im here to stay, headstart is basically a way to iron out release bugs and ive been in worse headstarts than this. Time will tell for Cryptic, the pick up the slack and get a fairly polished product out, or they wither and die. I shall still be around for either.