Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingBandit View Post
Expecting to play a game for which they have paid good money. The gall.
Yeah, people are so spoiled these days, expecting a game server to actually have more uptime than downtime. The nerve of these brats.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmOtaku View Post
Hey...at least they told us this time rather than just DC'ing us. And it's supposed to only be maybe 1.5 hrs of downtime! ><
Yeah, the simple message was nice to see.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
I am with you as far as wondering that. The end of Open Beta was great in comparison to Aions OB. I mean, it seemed fairly seemless with some broken items, but seemed far more like touch ups. Now it feels more like the beginning of OB. I do think the servers should be up more often. They did post a week or two ago about getting more servers. I do hope they get them soon. I do love this game by the way. I actually gave them credit for OB being so smooth. I did Aions OB and CB. Which I found to Aions OB to be worse then their CB, but STO appeared to be really aggressively fixing their problems. I do hope they get on this one. It says something for a company that will focus on fixing, but it is a tough choice tons of small fixes or a few very large fixes.

I just want to get to the next rank. I am so close.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiusPrime View Post
The Servers can't seem to stay up at all. This isn't going well for STO. It is a great game on some really bad servers. Although, I would be betting they are either fixing or getting rid of the queue lines since the amount of people saying they are getting refunds.
Most of these people are quite frankly just running their mouths. "ARGH I GON GETs A REFUND!" just like all the people who got a refund from WOW when it launched right?

They can't snap their fingers and make everything better, they are not Q.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytran View Post
lololol classic!!! wait in Queue for 1 hour
to play 30mins and be told servers going down, i get to sit there do nothing

at this rate i might as well play EVE
Hmm never played EVE...are the servers stable over there?!@?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Don't know what people are complaing about. It is fine to have some downtime as it's the end of the evening where I am in Europe. People should get some sleep anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Ok, I'm hardly holding myself otherwise I'll get a ban for violating 20, 30 of eula but...

Server is down more than it is open....
Game keep crashes, we stuck in the midde of mission because server is stop responding, we stuck at " retriving charecter list" for hours and only pre ordered players are playing the game.

I'm really wonder what will happen after 5th when the game officialy reliesed at US and EU ? There will be much more players...

Will we wait for 4-5 at queue to enter the game ( I waited 45 min today to enter the game ), will the server be down for 12 -14 hours a day because of crashes ?

Dont even tell me beta is just finished, it is a new game etc " There is no excuse that many crashes and downtimes for a game at head start.... We payed more than official price to be able to play at head start but server is always close, I'm that angry right now god know how life time subscirber felling right nwo
Lt. Commander
# 18
When I saw the 10 minute notice, I tried completing my current mission asap haha. Didn't get it done though : (
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks Cryptic for the warning prior to shutdown. Appreciated.

Maybe you guys can post a warning even earlier so people don't get kicked in the middle of a larger episode (I for one was in the Starbase 24 quest somewhere on the base and couldn't complete it in time).
Maybe even a countdown would be nice for planed shutdowns.

But those are just tips for improvement. Thanks again for letting us know in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
I dont mind the downtime... whats irritatiing is that my group was 1 rescue and the data from completing starbase 24. >.< I really really hope theres no rollback.