Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmOtaku View Post
What I'm really trying to understand is how the servers have been so unstable since head start while they were relatively stable during the closing part of OB.

I mean, you figure there are slightly less people now in headstart than in OB since OB had a lot of people who hadn't subscribed but were only using free codes. Headstart is all paying customers.

Wonder what they did between close of OB and start of headstart to throw things so out of whack.
I think they might be trying to BOLDLY GO.
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter_X
When I saw the 10 minute notice, I tried completing my current mission asap haha. Didn't get it done though : (
Yeah I gotta give a shout out to the poor people of regulus being overrun by gorn because I dc'ed in the midst of their salvation.
Lt. Commander
# 23
lol Eve is a VERY slow pace game... you target yourself to fly somewhere and log off while your ship is going there eta 1-2hours

they are stable but game play reallllly sucks compared to this
need to steal their servers!
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 03:58 PM
I wonder if the 1000 instances in this game are whats hurting it. I have the most trouble with this game when I am zoning.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 03:58 PM
So much for head start. So, what happened to that hardware they were suppose to rush order?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Cryptic needs to fix their broadcast as I didn't get one and I was on for the last 1 hour.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Hummm
01-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I wonder if the 1000 instances in this game are whats hurting it. I have the most trouble with this game when I am zoning.
Same zoning is soooo slow and sometimes I get droped as well
Lt. Commander
# 28 Hmm
01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Eve Online has the same setup as STO does with everyone playing on one server and there servers crash atleast once on weekends but they also have over 50,000 people playing at once too. My suggestion for STO is to bring the servers down once a day early in the mornings when no one is on and do a rolling restart like EVE does. Maybe that will help their servers some.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 04:09 PM
The only good thing out of all of this is I was worried that would be to far along to want to go back to level up the Trill bonus that I get for the pre-order. Seeing that servers haven't been up long enough to even get to a tier 2 ship I don't really see this as being a problem now.

What I don't understand is why the 2 day downtime just to go into a headstart program that is really just a beta test. I actually think the servers have been down more during prime playing time (in the U.S.) then it was in open beta. The only thing I can think of is a money grab to get people to pre-order.

I'll give it a month. If things are still screwed up then the game will take its place on the shelve of shame next to *** and I'll head back to LOTRO.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawa View Post
The only good thing out of all of this is I was worried that would be to far along to want to go back to level up the Trill bonus that I get for the pre-order. Seeing that servers haven't been up long enough to even get to a tier 2 ship I don't really see this as being a problem now.

What I don't understand is why the 2 day downtime just to go into a headstart program that is really just a beta test. I actually think the servers have been down more during prime playing time (in the U.S.) then it was in open beta. The only thing I can think of is a money grab to get people to pre-order.

I'll give it a month. If things are still screwed up then the game will take its place on the shelve of shame next to *** and I'll head back to LOTRO.
No kidding! Im only level five because of the non-headstart... I might just make that trill on teusday and see how I like it. >.>