Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchie View Post
I don't know why you sit in the queue for an hour. My wait is generally <2 minutes.

The last itme it went down, everyone complained that there was 1) no notice 2) no eta of when it'd be back up. We got BOTH this time.

Some people you just can't please.

Yeah, at least they are improving a little on their communication. I would still like to see a forum announcement concerning WHY the servers are going down and what is going on about fixing them. I know alot of people are getting mad. But A little communication would go a long way here.
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigs412 View Post
What if they actually fix some of the problems with this maintenance? Oh right, that would be one less thing to complain about and we can't have that now can we? .... Go do something else for a bit then come back = profit?
They're obviously not fixing what they need to. Eventually you need to replace a road, instead of just patching the cracks. This road was made of peanut brittle.
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockjaw View Post
Perhaps then it is time to take it down for as long as it takes to make sure the problem causing it doesn't happen. I've held my tongue until now on the maintenance, but when you have to bring it down constantly in the middle of regular playing hours, please fix the problem permanently.

After all this, though, the only thing I really can't stand is that the admin coming on to let us know says the maintenance will take no longer "then" two hours or hour and a half. It's "than," not "then." For god's sake, if someone is going to give us some diappointing news, have them use proper grammar.
Agreed.

I like Grammar Crackers and marshmellows. YUM
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Hmm I wonder what I should make for dinner.
Lt. Commander
# 25
I was screaming with the frustration of server crashes, login cues and downtime upon the launch of Star Wars Galaxies, I got a tad peeved with server crashes, login cues and downtime upon the launch of Lord of the Rings Online, tbh im just shrugging my shoulders at server crashes, login cues and downtime here at Star Trek Online, its all par for the course lads, doesn't mean a thing, sure its nuisance and if Cryptic have got their heads screwed on right they will offer some free game play time as compo, or better yet, so that Lifers dont feel left out, award everyone with a handful of C-Store points.

I just use the time to gen up on my class and prepare for choices that lie ahead of me. Use your (down)time constructively.

Brodie
Lt. Commander
# 26
after cues, restarts, unexpected maintanence, and the loading screen that take 10 min, those of us that pre-ordered may end up getting 2 hrs of and actual head start play time.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Its really simple.
Don't charge people for something that's not ready. If you do, and it's not, be ready for a lot of ****ed off people. When you engage a popular franchise like ST as an MMO, you explode this phenomena X10000 as better than 3/4 of the Syfy people who ordered the 'headstart' have probably never played an MMO before.

Cryptic? You should know better than this. Don't you? Producer, pull your HOOA..., start making people look on careerbuilder if they don't start covering your ass.

Just friendly advice. You don't want something this big to be a dismal failure.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Still better than 90% of MMO launches stop complaining.
Lt. Commander
# 29
I don't remember the login queues for LOTRO being that bad. I know when I got queued I was in within a min. Maybe because other people were crashing.
Lt. Commander
# 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
Well, people wanted him in game. Cryptic promised to put him in the game. Now, he is part of the game

Everyone please give a warm welcome to..

The Q
rofl that was good.