Lt. Commander
# 1 Please Dont Blame Cryptic
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Please dont blame Cryptic. They are working hard, they are people too, they care, its only headstart etc...
Anyone got anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Yea they fail. Only in this industry is it allowed to do such stupid crap as this and provide such horrid service.

Anyone else would have been fired
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:51 PM
i think they need to push back retail launch by at least two weeks. if the game launches like this on tuesday it will fail because all websites will report on how bad it is.

the game itself isn't bad at all, it's just that you can't play for more than 30 minutes at a time, if at all. i pre-bought this thing specifically to get into the headstart, and i won't be Lt.Cmdr. by tuesday. i would have made it yesterday, but it won't let me play. quite frustarting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
lol. I read they are mainly off this weekend.

They didn't plan. If they are having queue issues during head start, then Tuesday they will be in hell. It takes time to order servers, set them up, test them, (QA them) etc. This is going to be a painful opening. VERY painful. in a few weeks. Things will be stable, the queues will probably be gone, then people will start complaining about content, or how they feel there is a lack of exploration, diplomacy, they can't walk around their own ship blah, blah.

It will never end.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
As much as I'd like to defend them I just don't have it in me anymore, They knew from the gert go that this woud be a make or break IP that they were handling. They had more than enough time to work this out it is now what, a lil under 2 day before officila release and they're shutting servers down during peak play hours? That shows no respect for the players; their customers. Just hink about how much money the got from the pre orders, limited edition subs they sold. There's no excuse for this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
I was going to respond to this thread, but there was an internal server error No joke, but give Cryptic a break.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanctaBellator
Please dont blame Cryptic. They are working hard, they are people too, they care, its only headstart etc...
Anyone got anymore?
Oh my, GO AWAY ALREADY fan boy
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:58 PM
I'd rather a shakey launch for a potentially great game than a smooth launch for an underwhelming game with no content *cough*CO*cough*.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes it is a good game when you're playing it. But i'm not playing it am I, the thing i paid for.

I'd like it to do well when it goes live so the IP continues and they continue to support and grow the game. But with service like this and communication non existant I can't see it lasting much more than a year unless ideas are bucked up. It's a Star Trek MMO for christs sake, get it right!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
I'd rather a shakey launch for a potentially great game than a smooth launch for an underwhelming game with no content *cough*CO*cough*.
Shame you'll have to live with both.