Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigs412 View Post
Maintenance...to try and stop the problems that everyone is complaining about? ABSURD!
Yeah, maintenance 3 times a day for hours on end really did us good. Still the same **** time after time. I could understand if they fixed something and gave us notes on what the "maintenance" was about. It's all just a bunch of bull ****
Lt. Commander
# 12
They should name the server "Kahn" that way all this breakage would make sense.

"I've done far worse than kill you.....ive hurt you, and i wish to go on.....hurting you"

"Kaaaahhhhhhhhhn" :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
uh, dont you mean 1 hour 30 minutes?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markonus View Post
They should name the server "Kahn" that way all this breakage would make sense.

"I've done far worse than kill you.....ive hurt you, and i wish to go on.....hurting you"

"Kaaaahhhhhhhhhn" :p
Hahah oh thats great man.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 05:02 PM
.. heh exactly at this point in the race, you shouldnt have a server crash or game breaking bug knocking everything down every other hour.. an this goes live on tues? /laughs.. wtb more beta testing for another month.. instead of trying to push it to make $$$.. an this is why at the end of the day, everyone turns back to wow an it devours all the competition... feels like **** 2.0 here.. /failship GO ZIG GO! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
Lt. Commander
# 16 Hilarous
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
Entirely absurd! When the head gasket in my car goes I expect to be able to keep driving it while my mechanic clings on to the front and attempts to replace it.
Absolute comedic brilliance.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Now that's just bad practise. STO has had random login queue problems for afew hours now, people getting told they're <Random number> in a queue of <Random number> because the game is at its population.

The wait time is also random, and you can cancel the login and retry and get a completely new set of numbers whenever you want.

So... Cryptic decide to take the server down which is fair enough..

But do they tell anyone currently online actually playing that they're doing it? Of course not, they just boot them to the login screen and then leave a little message saying "The systems operators have aborted all logins".

I don't mind maintenences or server side hotfixes the more they roll out potentially the more stable things become, but you do actually have people playing the game when you pull the plug ya know Cryptic. :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Where did you get 7 Hours from??
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki832 View Post
Now that's just bad practise. STO has had random login queue problems for afew hours now, people getting told they're <Random number> in a queue of <Random number> because the game is at its population.

The wait time is also random, and you can cancel the login and retry and get a completely new set of numbers whenever you want.

So... Cryptic decide to take the server down which is fair enough..

But do they tell anyone currently online actually playing that they're doing it? Of course not, they just boot them to the login screen and then leave a little message saying "The systems operators have aborted all logins".

I don't mind maintenences or server side hotfixes the more they roll out potentially the more stable things become, but you do actually have people playing the game when you pull the plug ya know Cryptic. :p
They acutally told us about this downtime 10 minutes before the server shut down. THIS TIME that is.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah at least they gave us 10 minutes before they dropped the game for 7 hours