Lt. Commander
# 61 Bravo
01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkwizard View Post
this is totally unacceptable.
OK, all of you that work for Craptic (using a personal account) that are defending this garbage, you have 2 days before a major launch and it absolutley sucks (although I love the game-when it rarely works) 7 hours downtime...pretty conservative IMO, what we have here is indeed "A FAILURE TO LAUNCH CAPTAIN"...90% of this should have been fixed in the Closed beta ( started back in october or so) the Open Beta that you ran for a extra day ( that worked better than this),,,,how about 60 days free play for those of us that have had to endure a false start/continuation of a Beta?
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Honestly, I don't think a weekend was the best time to launch the headstart.
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selexin2
OK, all of you that work for Craptic (using a personal account) that are defending this garbage, you have 2 days before a major launch and it absolutley sucks (although I love the game-when it rarely works) 7 hours downtime...pretty conservative IMO, what we have here is indeed "A FAILURE TO LAUNCH CAPTAIN"...90% of this should have been fixed in the Closed beta ( started back in october or so) the Open Beta that you ran for a extra day ( that worked better than this),,,,how about 60 days free play for those of us that have had to endure a false start/continuation of a Beta?
Where ARE you guys getting 7 hours downtime? If you have ANY clue what you are talking about...the admin message clearly said 1.5 hours. I sense a TROLL..
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arithium View Post
Where ARE you guys getting 7 hours downtime? If you have ANY clue what you are talking about...the admin message clearly said 1.5 hours. I sense a TROLL..
I was about to say... where did that number some from? 1.5 was what the Admin message said.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki832 View Post
Now that's just bad practise. STO has had random login queue problems for afew hours now, people getting told they're <Random number> in a queue of <Random number> because the game is at its population.

The wait time is also random, and you can cancel the login and retry and get a completely new set of numbers whenever you want.

So... Cryptic decide to take the server down which is fair enough..

But do they tell anyone currently online actually playing that they're doing it? Of course not, they just boot them to the login screen and then leave a little message saying "The systems operators have aborted all logins".

I don't mind maintenences or server side hotfixes the more they roll out potentially the more stable things become, but you do actually have people playing the game when you pull the plug ya know Cryptic. :p
Uhm... there was a system announcement 5 minutes before the downtime. I read it myself, finished my mission and exited the game before it went down.
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkwizard View Post
Yeah at least they gave us 10 minutes before they dropped the game for 7 hours
Yes, they told us 10 minutes before that the server will be down for 90 minutes.

You are a troll.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-31-2010, 04:42 PM
This isn't counting the downtime this morning, late last night, or yesterday.
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchback
This isn't counting the downtime this morning, late last night, or yesterday.
Yes the OP is being unclear.. he means in total, not this downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 69 From the thread
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strondbokken View Post
I was about to say... where did that number some from? 1.5 was what the Admin message said.
and have you been on in the last 7 hours, your a Troglidite, If I want Trolls I think I'll go play Lotro, at least it works.....(BTW, WoW is a Bore)
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radonmonkey View Post

I see what you've done here.....nice