Lt. Commander
Server down time, disconnected from server crashes, ATI compatibility bugs, huge lag, constant kicking from the log in screen, and now it would seem in europe at least a severe shortage of retail game copies leaving many players crying into their earl grey tea... For some reason I was hoping that today I would come home have a go on the game before the misses gets home and find my pre-order borg bridge officer code waiting for me, seems I was mistaken.

With launch a matter of hours away and servers that are practically melting under the strain of pre order gamers alone things are looking a tad bit grim... The sad thing is most of us want this game to succeed but just as I learn to accept one problem another pops up to add to the strain.

I've been at most of the big MMO launches over the past 9 years and have to say, whilst not technically the worse yet, as an overall experiance on all fronts its well up there with the worst of them. And there I was thinking SOE were terrible.

The sad thing is I find myself looking at the SWTOR website now whilst waiting in vain to log my character in... come on Cryptic, take a breath, big day tomorrow, lets not mess it up completely.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:44 AM
what game are you playing?

try getting a decent computer and broadband because things have been smooth as silk (more or less) since the update
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I have to agree with OP about access problems

see my thread in feedback, spent 30 mins getting in, got in twice, soon as I zone I get booted from game, so can even leave the sector I am in

not happy any more
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swag-nyc View Post
what game are you playing?

try getting a decent computer and broadband because things have been smooth as silk (more or less) since the update
The pc is a week old I7 920, ATI 5870, 8GB RAM, and current internet connection speed at this precise moment is 8MB. So not sure whats going on then?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 10:48 AM
No MMO is perfect right out the gate. In today's day and age of "I WANT NOW GIMME GIMME," the humblest of virtues seems to have been lost: patience.

As to the Borg BO cancellation, Cryptic is looking into it. I get the feeling that they will offer compensation to anyone that had a borg bo preorder.

Me, I'm actually impressed with this launch so far over games such as, for example, Guild Wars, World of ********, EvE (if you logged into EvE on day one, good luck even undocking from the station), etc. And remember, this is just preplay. TOMORROW is when Cryptic has to deliver on stability (and I'm still pretty sure we're gonna have a couple server outages, but that's how MMO's go). So, honestly, grab a good book, grab a nice cuppa tea, and get some brain building done while waiting for the servers
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:49 AM
i logged in just to test prior to my reply, i got right in, no problem

perhaps you have upstream issues?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:

I may have to look into this...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond142 View Post
No MMO is perfect right out the gate. In today's day and age of "I WANT NOW GIMME GIMME," the humblest of virtues seems to have been lost: patience.

As to the Borg BO cancellation, Cryptic is looking into it. I get the feeling that they will offer compensation to anyone that had a borg bo preorder.

Me, I'm actually impressed with this launch so far over games such as, for example, Guild Wars, World of ********, EvE (if you logged into EvE on day one, good luck even undocking from the station), etc. And remember, this is just preplay. TOMORROW is when Cryptic has to deliver on stability (and I'm still pretty sure we're gonna have a couple server outages, but that's how MMO's go). So, honestly, grab a good book, grab a nice cuppa tea, and get some brain building done while waiting for the servers
shut up, jerk
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:

this is what I am thinking too, disco when zoning ro even acessing game seems a bit..odd

hmm need the IP address to ping
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomarxus View Post
shut up, jerk
Less trolling please.

OP, it's more likely your GPU thats causing the graphical issues. ATI's and NVidia's latest drivers seem to be having problems witht he latest hardware. thats why theyre pushing out hotfix after hotfix.

EU stock control is done by Namco/bandai/atari, not cryptic. However a dev has already said to be patient while he investigates.

Lag is on your end. Whether it be your network seup or ISP. I have zero lag playing from the middle of nowhere in north wales UK on a pretty much crappy independent ISP, and mainly play on a low end dual core machine.

If i can do that and run fine, it's not cryptic thats the problem. The only problem they seem to be having is server stability, i.e shards buckling under the sheer amount of players.