Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
take legal action, im going to speak to CBA tomorrow about this, there must be some law covering software sales...

I'm a consumer and I have rights...!
At $240 per hour, I will listen to you complain. The fact, however, is their conduct has not risen to the level needed for a suit. It is not even close.

Offer from the Dark Side!!!

Kelvinich
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntongue
You can't be serious. You are going to complain about something that you aren't being forced to do. You can still cancel your pre-order. I mean do you have anything else to do instead of whining because you can't play a game that hasn't released yet?

I can just hear a lawyer snickering at you while covering the mouthpiece on the phone.
Not every one can cancel their pre order Noob!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm calling Denny Crane. He'll get this all sorted out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
take legal action, im going to speak to CBA tomorrow about this, there must be some law covering software sales...

I'm a consumer and I have rights...!
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

thanks for the laugh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntongue
You can't be serious. You are going to complain about something that you aren't being forced to do. You can still cancel your pre-order. I mean do you have anything else to do instead of whining because you can't play a game that hasn't released yet?

I can just hear a lawyer snickering at you while covering the mouthpiece on the phone.
We are snickering now.

Reply from the Dark Side!!!

Kelvinich
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Just pull up a history of the OP's posts.... you'll have your answer.
You mean he's a guy whose paid for a game that doesn't work and is understandably annoyed about it.

Whats your point, or are you just being innane,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
01-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus01 View Post
Not every one can cancel their pre order Noob!
Not true. Everyone can cancel their pre order. Some just may not be able to recoup the money they paid.

Analysis from the Dark Side!!!

Kelvinich
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akril View Post
You mean he's a guy whose paid for a game that doesn't work and is understandably annoyed about it.

Whats your point, or are you just being innane,
He means, stop being a jerk, act maturely and people might listen to you. Do you understand? jerks get banned everywhere. Its not what you say its how you say it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
take legal action, im going to speak to CBA tomorrow about this, there must be some law covering software sales...

I'm a consumer and I have rights...!
OMG, read the EULA for once. It has all you need to know in it. Like that fact that game play and server time are subject to down times at any time etc etc. It is that way for every MMO, hence the reason you cannot sue, because you agreed to the End User License Agreement when you installed and logged into the game. Read the mouse type before you go and spend cash on a lawyer for a case you have zero chance of winning.

And, this game has been way smoother than most MMOs on their first few days. Star Wars Galaxies was a joke to try and play in Beta and live for at least 3 weeks and still had crashes all the time after months of being live. World of ******** had to bring down numerous servers for days at a time because they could not handle the load. I didn't get to play on Archimonde, really play, for at least a week, and even after that it was up and down for at least a year with issues. Even to this day WoW still has server problems.

This type of thread always happens when a game first launches, because the children expect instant gratification these days and if they don't get what they want they go throw a fit. I dealt with the problems in SWG and WoW, this is mild compared to those games. Grow up guys and be patient. At least they are being proactive and trying to get things right, rather than letting us play when they know there are issues.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
01-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
take legal action, im going to speak to CBA tomorrow about this, there must be some law covering software sales...

I'm a consumer and I have rights...!
Ya, let us know how that goes for ya.

Similar issue:

Guy sued Sony after being permabanned from PSN for trolling/violations of the TOS (rude posting, vulgarity, etc). Much like the OP.

Well, he took 'em to court and LOST. Now, he's appealing, not to mention suing some other companies over various things.

Reference to original trial AND his appeal:

Erik Estavello Files Appeal after PSN Suit Loss

Read that and the previous case - think the OP or YOU have a chance? Doubt it - there's precedent now against you.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.