Lt. Commander
# 1 I like the queue
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Granted they need to add more resources so that the queue lengths are manageable (and eventually eliminated) but it's better to have the game stable for everyone once they are in.

I love the game and am not going anywhere (yes me fanboy). While the current state of the game with outages and some people disconnecting is bad I think they will fix that.

I admit I have never had a problem with disconnects, crashes, or lag but I have fiber optic high speed connectivity and top of the line processor, memory, and graphics. I play the game at 2560x1600 with nearly all the video options enabled if I know what it is.

Only time I can't play is when the server is down for maintenance.

It's possible that Cryptic may have to change their advertised minimum requirements. Now that could be a problem for all the people that pre-ordered and could lead to refunds.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
I agree, It's nice to have a queue. Atleast i know how long abouts it might take. I also like that they're atleast telling us about the downtime in game beforehand. If the game wasn't so fun everyone wouldn't be raging so hard about not being able to play. Cryptic's working hard, I'm certain, and it'll be smooth sailing eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Someone posted yesterday that Everquest did the same thing long ago when they had ramp up issues.

The queue only fails if people get lots of disconnects, if once in you stay in for a few hours at least it is workable.

However they should put a real fuzzy custermer service message with the notification about all the new stuff they are getting to address the issue.