Lt. Commander
I just got home from work and decided to check the forums, well who was it that said after the open beta there would be no more complaining on the scale of the open beta? Guess they were wrong. I hate to say this, but come tuesday your up **** creek without a paddle. This forum will become a battle field, I think cryptic need to sort something out asap before release, otherwise people are going to stamp all over sto. I don't want to see that happen, but cryptic have themselves to blame.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 03:20 PM
It doesn't matter.

This planet is FILLED with people whose only purpose in life is to hate everything. This could be a photo realistic star trek simulator and they would STILL hate everything.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM
I think you need to read the forum more carefully, as it seems people are complaining about the lack of servers in use and the cueing system and not being able to play, I would think that is cause for complaint..
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:24 PM
People have good reason to complain though. Cryptic really needs to decide which will lose them less money. The cost of the infrastructure needed to let everyone in and keep it stable or the cost of losing tons of sales and subscribers.

Cryptic was supposed to have gotten a clue about the demand for this game two weeks ago. Apparently they underestimated again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
No. My point wasn't clear.

That is what they are complaining about NOW.

If you fix that, then it will be "Lack of content" and "Ease of leveling" or "the grind"

If you fix THAT, then it will be something else. People are born to hate.

Granted, right now its a little annoying to have a log in queue, but this isn't unheard of. WoW had them at launch and apparently it didn't impact their long term development cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes but come tuesday what is the cueing going to be like your 100,000,000 of 250,000,000, this is the headstart and the full retail version which will be released on tuesday. You really think they'll solve this by then? And do you really think this is fair on those that paid full price i.e. 39 quid to get in at head start and not be able to play because of server downtime and constantly being kicked.

I've given up on headstart cos it's a waste of my time, and come tuesday if I can't get on, the game will be deleted from my hard drive, I don't care about the money, but they sure won't be getting anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laediin View Post
No. My point wasn't clear.

That is what they are complaining about NOW.

If you fix that, then it will be "Lack of content" and "Ease of leveling" or "the grind"

If you fix THAT, then it will be something else. People are born to hate.

Granted, right now its a little annoying to have a log in queue, but this isn't unheard of. WoW had them at launch and apparently it didn't impact their long term development cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebreaker1963 View Post

I've given up on headstart cos it's a waste of my time, and come tuesday if I can't get on, the game will be deleted from my hard drive, I don't care about the money, but they sure won't be getting anymore.
People said the same thing about WoW. You can see how that game collapsed and suffered greatly because of their buggy launch.

What all these rants demonstrate, is that people quickly forget about buggy launches, especially if the game is good.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 03:41 PM
I doubt this problem will be fixed by then. It takes a while to order new servers, have them QC'd, delivered, and then installed.

But my point is this. I also play EQ2. That games has been out forever. There is nothing left to complain about, yet....I stopped reading the live boards over there because it was nothing but more QQ about everything. The fact that one class is better than another, and that this one piece of armour is 1.3% less effective than it should be, the lack of whatever it is people want to make up.

If you are expecting that people stop crying because Cryptic fixed stuff, that won't happen.

It certainly isn't "Fair" that you have to wait in line to play a game. I feel bad for the folks over in the UK and the rest of EU because server downtime for maintenance and patching is usually during your prime time. But being "fair" is very subjective. Most of the things that have happened to me in life aren't "fair" but my outlook on life is to ignore what isn't fair, move past it, and prevent it from happening again.

If I cannot play after a few weeks because queuing times are horrendous, i'll just cancel my sub and go do something else for a while. What I find funny is all the rage I see on the forums. Yours is probably the first post that isn't "ZOMG!! F this and I am entitled and Cryptic just kicked my dog and clubbed a seal in my drive way, then they god my girlfriend pregnant and told her I had STDs!!!!! And I am going to SUE THEM!!"
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Standard mmo forums. The people with nothing to complain about are too busy playing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
It is awesome tonight. Reading all the complaints is cracking me up.

I mean, come on. Who didn't see this coming? Seriously?

I could see this coming a mile away. It will only get better on Tuesday.