Lt. Commander
Title says it all.....

No crafting, no death peanalty, to easy of levleling even for a causal gamer like myself....

Just max level everyone, create some pvp stats to post on the forums each week.....because as of now that is all this is....FPS wanna be.......

Give me crafting, yes even in ST, remember this is an MMO first, and mmos wheter you want to believe this or not will not survive long w/o some type of decent crafting.....

Slow down leveling, add another rank : as i stands now, 13 hours of playtime in between the crashes since Friday and im nearly halfway thru Captain......cut mission xp in half, and pvp xp by 3/4ths

Need a Death penalty of some type, add in XP DEBT cryptic like you had in COH, that was great after you capped the amount of debt from stupid play you could incur....
Lt. Commander
# 2 Bump
01-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Bump just to get some talk going on items that need to be in this game imho.....
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Can't you remember how many players the XP debt drove away at the launch of CoH? No thank you. I don't mind a dealth plenty, but certainly not that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
I like it the way it is. They can add more ranks and levels later, I like to feel like I'm actually accomplishing something without being forced to grind for hours.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Ok....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
Can't you remember how many players the XP debt drove at players at the launch of CoH? No thank you. I don't mind a dealth plenty, but certainly not that.
Ok i ll give ya that, even though if they capped it to a debt that is easy to get rid of in about 30 min of play should suffice,
Lt. Commander
# 6
Lol at 13 hours game time in 2 days and then call yourself causal, uh, ok
Lt. Commander
# 7 Wha???....
01-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traess
Lol at 13 hours game time in 2 days and then call yourself causal, uh, ok
13 hours in nearly 50hours since headstart begain not considered causal in today's mmo market...LOL

????????????????????????????
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
I actually agree. Normally I'd be all RAAR against hardcore stuff... problem is, there isn't ANY in this game. There needs to be a balance. BTW, I'm a CASUAL gamer (nowadays, I used to be hardcore), and I think this.

1) Make the Death Penalty work. When crew die, they DIE. There is no bringing them back without going to Starbase to replenish. If you want to avoid ****ing off the casuals, just don't make it too expensive to replenish crew. Also, add in some XP Debt. It is an excellent way to manage DPs, and if it works like CoH, it will decrease over time while you're logged off anyway, so it won't hurt the casuals TOO much.

2) Crafting. REAL crafting, not the item modifications you have at Memory Alpha. Hell, give us non-Starfleet character classes to play, so we can be traders and explorers, and allow us to craft items and weapons from scratch. Explain it this way: The replicators can make anything, but they need the proper raw materials in order to do so.

3) Yes please, balance out levelling. Set up some sort of rest XP like in WoW; that will please the casuals. Also, make the game a bit harder. My Science Officer in a light cruiser is making short work of EVERYTHING I come across... even 3 Birds of Prey at once, WITHOUT maxing shields. 3 BoP should be harder not that. Not impossible, it should just take more strategy than flying in a circle, concentrating on one at a time and pretty much totally ignoring the others until its their turn.

Please, make this game a little more hardcore.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrid76 View Post
Title says it all.....

No crafting, no death peanalty, to easy of levleling even for a causal gamer like myself....

Just max level everyone, create some pvp stats to post on the forums each week.....because as of now that is all this is....FPS wanna be.......

Give me crafting, yes even in ST, remember this is an MMO first, and mmos wheter you want to believe this or not will not survive long w/o some type of decent crafting.....

Slow down leveling, add another rank : as i stands now, 13 hours of playtime in between the crashes since Friday and im nearly halfway thru Captain......cut mission xp in half, and pvp xp by 3/4ths

Need a Death penalty of some type, add in XP DEBT cryptic like you had in COH, that was great after you capped the amount of debt from stupid play you could incur....
Hardcore crafting? What a tool.
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrid76 View Post
Prema-death is the only real death penalty anything else is just a waste of time.

That said I don't mind there not being a death penalty as I find XP debt just plan silly.