Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 04:21 PM
*snicker* >cough< This is indeed so horrible! *laugh*

As the knight guarding the chalice said................."you have chosen....unwisely"
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
There are no successful MMOs with a perma-death penalty, and there never will be. Besides, that isn't even truly "harcore". Maybe they should have a penalty where you can't play the game anymore after the first death, and the rest of your sub money is forfeit.
That really is my point. Death penalties in MMOs tend to just be time wasters. Either your sitting around waiting for the penalty to were off. Or its the xp thing that just makes you grind away longer to regain those lost points.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
If you want hardcore, take a T1 ship into areas with enemies that are +4 to +8 to you.. No one stated you hve to fly the most advanced cruiser there is.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
Hardcore crafting? What a tool.
Beleave it or not there is Hardcore crafter's Yes there is someone who will put in 70 hr's of there 80 hr's play into crafting. Then there is Housing no houseing is another MMO part that u have alot of plaiers staing around to make there home look 100 time's better then anyone else's and Of corse I'm a Carebear when it come's to losing ship's but with there not being a 100 hr's to making a ship losing would only mean money and item so not bad as if I speant 6 month's to make a ship and lose it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrid76 View Post
Title says it all.....

No crafting, no death peanalty, to easy of levleling even for a causal gamer like myself....

Just max level everyone, create some pvp stats to post on the forums each week.....because as of now that is all this is....FPS wanna be.......

Give me crafting, yes even in ST, remember this is an MMO first, and mmos wheter you want to believe this or not will not survive long w/o some type of decent crafting.....

Slow down leveling, add another rank : as i stands now, 13 hours of playtime in between the crashes since Friday and im nearly halfway thru Captain......cut mission xp in half, and pvp xp by 3/4ths

Need a Death penalty of some type, add in XP DEBT cryptic like you had in COH, that was great after you capped the amount of debt from stupid play you could incur....
i like it the way it is. if you need a death penalty so bad role play and penalize your self every time you die. maybe give away gear.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Title says it all.....

No crafting, no death peanalty, to easy of levleling even for a causal gamer like myself....

Just max level everyone, create some pvp stats to post on the forums each week.....because as of now that is all this is....FPS wanna be.......

Give me crafting, yes even in ST, remember this is an MMO first, and mmos wheter you want to believe this or not will not survive long w/o some type of decent crafting.....

Slow down leveling, add another rank : as i stands now, 13 hours of playtime in between the crashes since Friday and im nearly halfway thru Captain......cut mission xp in half, and pvp xp by 3/4ths

Need a Death penalty of some type, add in XP DEBT cryptic like you had in COH, that was great after you capped the amount of debt from stupid play you could incur....
Cryptic released City of Heroeswhich survived 4 years before they decided to add crafting and if I am not mistaken it was added after they sold to NCSoft before it went live. Since then a lot of the game became very unbalanced which was my reason for leaving. PVE became too easy, more gold spammers came out of the woodwork so people could afford the very high priced crafting items they needed to be competitive in pvp. It totally ruined the game for me. I wound up logging in just to do a little pvp just to log out bored after about an hour. They would add content but that content would only be appealing after about 2 weeks. Running the same content gets old. crafting elite items can be fun I would agree but in order to keep the game somewhat enjoyable (for me enjoyable would be challenging) some balancing would have to be established unless they provide crafting that will not OP your character.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Title says it all.....

Buddy, trouble is that there is too many primitives on the world.
And unfortunatelly they are the majority. Maybe not between trekkies, but in gaming world in general. (unlike in 90s)
These days almost everyone have access to internet. And hell how visible it is.

They want everything on gold plate and want it fast.
They dont want to use brain, they just want see explosions and huge battles like in movies. And without interuptions.

So... yes i would love to see what you are proposing.
But from the cryptic point of view, i think they will rather satisfy the majority
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Title says it all.....

Slow down leveling? Your half way through Captain?
If you want to slow it down try getting some sleep, for the rest of us they have slowed it down enough I think.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroguex View Post
I actually agree. Normally I'd be all RAAR against hardcore stuff... problem is, there isn't ANY in this game. There needs to be a balance. BTW, I'm a CASUAL gamer (nowadays, I used to be hardcore), and I think this.

1) Make the Death Penalty work. When crew die, they DIE. There is no bringing them back without going to Starbase to replenish. If you want to avoid ****ing off the casuals, just don't make it too expensive to replenish crew. Also, add in some XP Debt. It is an excellent way to manage DPs, and if it works like CoH, it will decrease over time while you're logged off anyway, so it won't hurt the casuals TOO much.

2) Crafting. REAL crafting, not the item modifications you have at Memory Alpha. Hell, give us non-Starfleet character classes to play, so we can be traders and explorers, and allow us to craft items and weapons from scratch. Explain it this way: The replicators can make anything, but they need the proper raw materials in order to do so.

3) Yes please, balance out levelling. Set up some sort of rest XP like in WoW; that will please the casuals. Also, make the game a bit harder. My Science Officer in a light cruiser is making short work of EVERYTHING I come across... even 3 Birds of Prey at once, WITHOUT maxing shields. 3 BoP should be harder not that. Not impossible, it should just take more strategy than flying in a circle, concentrating on one at a time and pretty much totally ignoring the others until its their turn.

Please, make this game a little more hardcore.
I agree with more pentalties for pve death, it adds excitement and challenge. It seems pretty easy right now not to die. However It should be tied to character death, so people don't get pentalized for code that has crew run up in front or something.

I like crafting also, and Real crafting so it is an accomplishment to reach high level. I expect that is something that gets added in later, if it follows most MMOs patterns.

Hopefully the leveling will get harder at higher levels, its the journey thats fun, if everyone is just top level chars running around alot of the work to get there is not as rewarding in my style of play. I know others think differently though.

And it is pretty easy in PVE, I agree with that, but they can tweek that at anytime.
Lt. Commander
# 30 Nice replies...
01-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Bumpity!!!!