Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Commander
My new science guy is teh awesome.

Just got him to lvl 20, and yeah, it's a hoot so far.

Can't wait to see this dude at 50.

Also, I wonder if Cryptic will send me cash moneys for the carpal tunnel surgery I'm gonna need soon.

*edit*

I probably should have posted this in Ten Forward. Dangit.

Last edited by brewtolomus; 12-08-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Science is really fun.. lots of gamplay and build types. Lots of variety. Keeps things fresh.
Live Long and Prosper
\\//_
Commander
# 3 Quite true.
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor1701d View Post
Science is really fun.. lots of gamplay and build types. Lots of variety. Keeps things fresh.
Live Long and Prosper
\\//_
This one is a Vulcan Fed, and he's more fun than my Romulan Klink Science guy. Nerve Pinch FTW!

And that fish bowl lookin fed sci ship, is actually pretty cool too. When customized, it don't look half bad.
Career Officer
# 4
12-09-2013, 03:31 AM
Fleet Fishbowl is a stylish, capable sci vessel.

Borg set looks great on her.
Commander
# 5
12-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor1701d View Post
Fleet Fishbowl is a stylish, capable sci vessel.

Borg set looks great on her.
It is a very capable ship so far.
I took it to fight some borg in a red alert thingy, and I was not only able to survive, I was able to kill a couple of spheres by myself.
Took a while though, and we couldn't beat the timer, but STILL! FISHBOWL FTW!
Commander
# 6
12-09-2013, 09:47 AM
I stick a rolled up sock under my wrist when I play. Alleviates any and all pain for me.. just make sure its a nice fluffy sock, or microfiber underwear lol.

I love the damage resistance debuff from sci debuffs, makes things melt on ground combat.

Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
Career Officer
# 7
12-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I like my Fed Sci toon--works well as Fed. The only drawback I've found so far is that it doesn't do too well against the Borg when by himself. I'd probably be fine if I can figure out how to get the CD of my photonic fleet down some more, but I recently did a Borg invasion, and real quick found myself all alone. I have no idea where everyone else disappeared to, but I figured, meh, whatever.

Everything was fine until I got to the Unimatrix ship. Dropped gravity wells everywhere--the spheres--even the cubes--weren't much of a problem. Pulled in the photonic fleet on occasion (those are great for drawing fire away from you). Got all four borg fleets by myself.

Then the Unimatrix ship showed up.

Followed my standard tactic of zooming in close to avoid the massive plasma shot it sends out. Lasted awhile, but since I was the only target out there--I really didn't stand much a chance. Even the photonic fleet didn't help much--they only last so long before they disappear on their own. I'd get blown up--only to find the Unimatrix had fully repaired itself. I never managed to get the damage level on it below 85%. If just one other person had stayed behind--we could have done it.
Commander
# 8
12-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urniv821 View Post
I stick a rolled up sock under my wrist when I play. Alleviates any and all pain for me.. just make sure its a nice fluffy sock, or microfiber underwear lol.

I love the damage resistance debuff from sci debuffs, makes things melt on ground combat.
Yeah, I do that when I think about it.
But it's pretty bad right now, so think I'll take a break for a few hours after work, instead of just logging right in and playing until well past my bedtime.