Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I sat through the open beta and all its glitches. I offered plenty of criticism but it was always constructive. I understood that this is a game in progress. I've put up with everything and kept playing until now.

A queue? In the thousands? Before launch?

The bugs, the crashes, the gaps in content- these were all understandable. But this is insane. The only real response to this from Cryptic that I've seen so far is that 'a lot of people are trying to log on right now'. Once again, this is before launch. Tomorrow we're going to see thousands more trying to log on. What do you think will happen when all these players see that they're #2000 in a queue line? Or #5000? Or #10000?

Up until this point people have had the option to cancel their pre-orders. That's gone starting tomorrow. That 'a lot of people' is going to be pretty angry that they just spent $50-$80 on a game they can't play.

The fact is, there is only one server. It has crashed repeatedly and now this. Seeing as how overload was a problem back in the open beta, the fact that this might be a reality on launch day is inexcusable. I understand completely that doing this things take time and are not a quick fix. I know that this line of work isn't easy, or else I'd be designing STO myself. But if the developers do need more time, if the game is released when it isn't ready yet, that is once again inexcusable. If you need more time delay the game.

I sincerely hope that this can be resolved soon and that this entire rant - as well as all the others - turns out to be unnecessary. But if that isn't the case, Cryptic is going to be facing 'a lot' of angry people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Also, the almost non-existent communication that Cryptic has had with players on these server issues is extremely frustrating. (bump)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:06 PM
i like xpressing my outrage
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn830 View Post
Also, the almost non-existent communication that Cryptic has had with players on these server issues is extremely frustrating. (bump)
Dont Cyrptic have enough GM's in game or something? i never got one replie from a few of my issues at all!.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkington2190 View Post
Dont Cyrptic have enough GM's in game or something? i never got one replie from a few of my issues at all!.
I have no idea what they're doing (I'm not sure they do either). On a completely unrelated note, I see that you're a member of the 501st, which is just awesome. I have a friend who belongs to some local chapter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkington2190 View Post
Dont Cyrptic have enough GM's in game or something? i never got one replie from a few of my issues at all!.
GMs were probably stuck in queue
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't understand how a game in beta can run better than in head start. Shouldn't the number of people playing have dropped? I doubt that every single person playing in open beta bought the game and playing now. How did the servers get worse when the player count almost certainly went down?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baensidhe
GMs were probably stuck in queue
I laughed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baensidhe
GMs were probably stuck in queue
Hahaha. Nice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn830 View Post
I sat through the open beta and all its glitches. I offered plenty of criticism but it was always constructive. I understood that this is a game in progress. I've put up with everything and kept playing until now.

A queue? In the thousands? Before launch?

The bugs, the crashes, the gaps in content- these were all understandable. But this is insane. The only real response to this from Cryptic that I've seen so far is that 'a lot of people are trying to log on right now'. Once again, this is before launch. Tomorrow we're going to see thousands more trying to log on. What do you think will happen when all these players see that they're #2000 in a queue line? Or #5000? Or #10000?

Up until this point people have had the option to cancel their pre-orders. That's gone starting tomorrow. That 'a lot of people' is going to be pretty angry that they just spent $50-$80 on a game they can't play.

The fact is, there is only one server. It has crashed repeatedly and now this. Seeing as how overload was a problem back in the open beta, the fact that this might be a reality on launch day is inexcusable. I understand completely that doing this things take time and are not a quick fix. I know that this line of work isn't easy, or else I'd be designing STO myself. But if the developers do need more time, if the game is released when it isn't ready yet, that is once again inexcusable. If you need more time delay the game.

I sincerely hope that this can be resolved soon and that this entire rant - as well as all the others - turns out to be unnecessary. But if that isn't the case, Cryptic is going to be facing 'a lot' of angry people.
Game did you say this was a game ???

sorry Im confused, I try to log in 90% of the time the servers are down, this isnt a game...its a joke
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 PM.