Lt. Commander
Do the right thing like Toyota did before it is too late.

1- Put the game back into open beta status
2- Reschedule head start
3- Reschedule "release" date
4- Allow everyone who buys the game access to the new "open beta" , but only pre-order customers get the headstart.
5- Fix the queue issue properly
6- Get the game properly ready for release before you actually hit a release date

Oh, yeah.. and call you Effing employees that are on their weekend back to the office today (sunday)

Star Trek is in the exclusive club of being a recognizeable franchise that has an international audience that is almost beyond comparison. This is the first official Star Trek MMO (that I can think of). If you are planning on mining this gold mine you better start acting like professionals.

Just because you have the rights to this MMO franchise doesnt mean you have what it takes to make use of it. In the next 7 days all of the "TREKKIES"/"Trekkers, ect" will decide if you are WORTHY of the "Star Trek" mantle or not.

Make up your mind, we are watching. Grow some stones and operate this MMO right, or, believe me, the ST fanbase will leave en masse. This game has the potential to make you tons of cash, or wreck your corporate profits.

Poll/ petition: Vote on repealing curent release date and postponing/resetting head start. please do not rant. Vote w short response.

Thank you & good luck everyone

~Rhomulus
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
They'll never do it (it would be a PR fiasco even bigger than chronic downtime), but I agree anyway.

It's clearly still a beta product.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:02 PM
We tried to tell them in open beta when all this started happening (the expected "unexpected" downtimes, the server lag, the login issues, etc, that they needed to delay release to fix it.

They didn't listen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
yea that ain't gunna happen
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBeerLolz View Post
yea that ain't gunna happen
Its been done before. They also have the option of pushing out the first day people pay for the game. Cryptic has several options available to them to rectify the situation in a professional manner, actually.

This is no longer beta.. this is Head Start. The undenyable difference is only PAYING CUSTOMERS are supposed to be here now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhomulus View Post
Do the right thing like Toyota did before it is too late.

1- Put the game back into open beta status
2- Reschedule head start
3- Reschedule "release" date
4- Allow everyone who buys the game access to the new "open beta" , but only pre-order customers get the headstart.
5- Fix the queue issue properly
6- Get the game properly ready for release before you actually hit a release date

Oh, yeah.. and call you Effing employees that are on their weekend back to the office today (sunday)

Star Trek is in the exclusive club of being a recognizeable franchise that has an international audience that is almost beyond comparison. This is the first official Star Trek MMO (that I can think of). If you are planning on mining this gold mine you better start acting like professionals.

Just because you have the rights to this MMO franchise doesnt mean you have what it takes to make use of it. In the next 7 days all of the "TREKKIES"/"Trekkers, ect" will decide if you are WORTHY of the "Star Trek" mantle or not.

Make up your mind, we are watching. Grow some stones and operate this MMO right, or, believe me, the ST fanbase will leave en masse. This game has the potential to make you tons of cash, or wreck your corporate profits.

Poll/ petition: Vote on repealing curent release date and postponing/resetting head start. please do not rant. Vote w short response.

Thank you & good luck everyone

~Rhomulus
I agree with what you are saying but for the same token every MMO starts out with bumps from all the ones I have played so as we always say patience will help you weather the storm as always.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM
go fk off and do something else... I love that they opened to early for it to be done... waiting another few months or year on it... dont think so... m***n complaining little B***h

Get lost
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
They would lsoe more money recalling all the the games and all the marketing crap then they would from all the crybaby kids who cant take not playing for a few hours.

Have you not heard of the ford pinto? They knew it exploded but lawsuits are cheaper to settle then a total recall
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Won't happen. The financial wheels are already in motion, and they are unstoppable. It should have remained in closed Beta for at least another month, but what's done is done.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakevalentine
go fk off and do something else... I love that they opened to early for it to be done... waiting another few months or year on it... dont think so... m***n complaining little B***h

Get lost
wow. bitter much?