Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 04:06 PM
When I have been playing apart from long load times to enter instances, I have not experienced that many problems - the 'rubber banding' is getting better and not that bad but at least the game is playable - the only thing that is frustrating me is that all this 'down-time' is happening during peak times and about the only time I get to enjoy my pleasure time. 5 hours of game play in 3 days is not exactly value for money...

Is it not possible to look at the problems and then try to solve them over-night when the majority of users are logged off and not during main peak times....

And why does the server have to be down for hours at a time - it doesn't take me hours to install a patch....?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhomulus View Post
Do the right thing like Toyota did before it is too late.

1- Put the game back into open beta status
2- Reschedule head start
3- Reschedule "release" date
4- Allow everyone who buys the game access to the new "open beta" , but only pre-order customers get the headstart.
5- Fix the queue issue properly
6- Get the game properly ready for release before you actually hit a release date

Oh, yeah.. and call you Effing employees that are on their weekend back to the office today (sunday)

Star Trek is in the exclusive club of being a recognizeable franchise that has an international audience that is almost beyond comparison. This is the first official Star Trek MMO (that I can think of). If you are planning on mining this gold mine you better start acting like professionals.

Just because you have the rights to this MMO franchise doesnt mean you have what it takes to make use of it. In the next 7 days all of the "TREKKIES"/"Trekkers, ect" will decide if you are WORTHY of the "Star Trek" mantle or not.

Make up your mind, we are watching. Grow some stones and operate this MMO right, or, believe me, the ST fanbase will leave en masse. This game has the potential to make you tons of cash, or wreck your corporate profits.

Poll/ petition: Vote on repealing curent release date and postponing/resetting head start. please do not rant. Vote w short response.

Thank you & good luck everyone

~Rhomulus
Wow, you really told them didn't you...
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
They wanted at least 3 more months of testing but that doesn't fit with Ataris schedule. Cryptic had a timeline which they haven't been able to meet which is why I am sticking around because once they are finished this game is going to be brilliant
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 04:08 PM
WHy do people keep making petitions when they close any thread that says PETITION in it?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRitter
They would lsoe more money recalling all the the games and all the marketing crap then they would from all the crybaby kids who cant take not playing for a few hours.

Have you not heard of the ford pinto? They knew it exploded but lawsuits are cheaper to settle then a total recall
They dont have to recall the product, just push out the beta. Actually there are several alternatives. Fundamentally, they need to do something, IMHO, to acknowledge that customers are paying for their product as of Friday and it is not yet a complete product.

Look, this happens all the time to many games. Just look at Vanguard for an example on what happens when a company releases a product unfinished.

They don't HAVE to do anything. Ultimately, it Is up to Cryptic, but beta is over. This is the start of when they will start to bleed customers en masse if they dont shore up their situation.
Lt. Commander
# 16
non sign, un-sign, horrible idea, ya hey cryptic dont fix things and have them be much much better in a couple days to a week, loose a ton of money and listen to the OP, get out if you can't handle it
Lt. Commander
# 17
+$ = go ahead with launch regardless of issues
-$ = stop and fix the issues by postponing launch

cryptic chooses ...

:: drum roll ::

+$

Who'd-a-thunk-it?!
Lt. Commander
# 18
Head start is more like last chance beta for these guys. It's a chance to try and correct some last minute stuff before the big release. Though I'd love to see some numbers a month from now because the amount of people that I know that opted for a lifetime is staggering......
Anyways it'd be hard to put the game into beta again....especially since thats where we are now.....
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
We spent 5 years telling SOE the same thing when it came to Galaxies...we told them before release...

and they didnt listen

Cryptic will be no different, its all about the bottom line now...get the game out there and start making money instead of costing money....

welcome to game development in general....sadly