Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhomulus View Post
wow. bitter much?
just sick of this thread that repeats itself lmao... dont want to wait another several months to play...
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakevalentine
just sick of this thread that repeats itself lmao... dont want to wait another several months to play...
*shrug* fair enough. I dont think they should keep people from playing either. Minimally, they could just give *everyone* 1-2 "free" days (before starting payment system) .. of course.. this doenst do anything for the lifers but.. wth.. the $300 lifer idea before even head start was... IMHO.. a scary grab for cash at best. . .a horrid idea for PR because it makes it difficult as all hell to "compensate" those players if something like this happens .. just IMHO
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakevalentine
yeah with the way its going so far, theres gonna be alot of ' play time ' at this rate, with the system they have going.. /laughs.. wait till its LIVE.. you think its bad now, enjoy triple the population an double the fail..
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhomulus View Post
Just because you have the rights to this MMO franchise doesnt mean you have what it takes to make use of it. In the next 7 days all of the "TREKKIES"/"Trekkers, ect" will decide if you are WORTHY of the "Star Trek" mantle or not.
That's it. I'm done. Y'all either need to file a petition with your respective governments to make "Trekkie" a recognized religion or y'all need to just shut your damn mouths.

This **** is fracking ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 25 NOT Signed
01-31-2010, 04:17 PM
THe game is great: Fun and emmersive

They will get it stable, I"m looking forward to additions like real bridge and ship interior play, not just a meeting place. I really want to see 3d space flight not 2.45 lol
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 04:19 PM
Okay, I'm gonna put myself on the line here in a bit of defense for the Cryptic guys. I'm a bit biased, perhaps, as I've met a few of them and they're good guys and I have a ton of friends in the game industry just in general.

Cryptic didn't pick the release schedule, their publisher Atari did. In the game business there's the money people and the developers. Just like in any other industry, the money people only see the bottom line and don't see what goes INTO the bottom line. They don't care, they have their pretty little schedule and they want to stick with it. In this case, Cryptic is working with a publisher who has had a number of problems over the years and so they probably don't have as deep of pockets as they'd need to SURVIVE pushing back the release date. So there's the first problem with putting the game back in beta, the negative press would kill them financially. Far fewer people will complain about server queues than would complain about showing up on Tuesday to find the game's been pushed back. The time to make that decision would have been Q409, not now.

The second problem with the 'get your employees back' is that odds are the employees ARE there. When a game is going towards being live it's an all hands on deck operation. With a single-player game it's the weeks before the game goes gold and gets sent for duplication, when an MMO it's the weeks and months before the game goes live. Employees will work 10 and 12 hour days 6+ days a week, often sleeping in the office, in order to get the game out on time. Many of these same employees are salaried and not hourly, so they're not even getting paid extra for working 60+ hour weeks.

I don't doubt for a minute that the employees at Cryptic are busting their butts trying to get this thing fixed up. It's not laziness, no game developer can afford lazy employees, it's just a lack of time and running into problems combined with having a proverbial gun to their head from their publisher.

Cut 'em some slack, they're working on it. I'm incredibly frustrated as well, but it's not (as you implied) that they're not trying to fix the problems.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
That's it. I'm done. Y'all either need to file a petition with your respective governments to make "Trekkie" a recognized religion or y'all need to just shut your damn mouths.

This **** is fracking ridiculous.
HAHA! aight BSGer .. ait for your own MMO's turn

Its called humor btw-- Jedi is a religion. .. Just saying...
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadion View Post
Okay, I'm gonna put myself on the line here in a bit of defense for the Cryptic guys. I'm a bit biased, perhaps, as I've met a few of them and they're good guys and I have a ton of friends in the game industry just in general.

Cryptic didn't pick the release schedule, their publisher Atari did. In the game business there's the money people and the developers. Just like in any other industry, the money people only see the bottom line and don't see what goes INTO the bottom line. They don't care, they have their pretty little schedule and they want to stick with it. In this case, Cryptic is working with a publisher who has had a number of problems over the years and so they probably don't have as deep of pockets as they'd need to SURVIVE pushing back the release date. So there's the first problem with putting the game back in beta, the negative press would kill them financially. Far fewer people will complain about server queues than would complain about showing up on Tuesday to find the game's been pushed back. The time to make that decision would have been Q409, not now.

The second problem with the 'get your employees back' is that odds are the employees ARE there. When a game is going towards being live it's an all hands on deck operation. With a single-player game it's the weeks before the game goes gold and gets sent for duplication, when an MMO it's the weeks and months before the game goes live. Employees will work 10 and 12 hour days 6+ days a week, often sleeping in the office, in order to get the game out on time. Many of these same employees are salaried and not hourly, so they're not even getting paid extra for working 60+ hour weeks.

I don't doubt for a minute that the employees at Cryptic are busting their butts trying to get this thing fixed up. It's not laziness, no game developer can afford lazy employees, it's just a lack of time and running into problems combined with having a proverbial gun to their head from their publisher.

Cut 'em some slack, they're working on it. I'm incredibly frustrated as well, but it's not (as you implied) that they're not trying to fix the problems.
If this all is the case (minus the money vs developer part) then Cryptic needs one.. ONE guy to take a few minutes to send out an alert explaining (and time framing)why :

ONLY 4 out of the 13 servers associated with this game are currently online.

Everything you say is possible, of course. its also entirely plausable that all the beta emergency patches just coincidentally always happened at about 5-7pm for their time zone.... Which was stupid as well.. Yeah. Remember that.

Today is January 31st, Sunday. We are NOT in beta anymore. Beta excuses no longer apply. . . though, with respect, I am sure there are human beings currently at Cryptic all but bleeding on their keyboard trying to fix the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
What ever here is more chese for all your whine.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant_Dan
What ever here is more chese for all your whine.
Eye Lubz Cheese!