Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
ehh. despite the problems I still feel I made the right choice with lifetime. at least as long as the problems disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus01 View Post
Good for you Fanboi. Did you really need to start a thread about it ?
Perhaps you are right, the whining threads are more fun to read anyway.
I've managed to get over 20 hours gameplay in this weekend and had quite a bit of fun this weekend. I do not like issues, but I can put up with them, because I had it in my mind that I expected it to take a month or so before this game was running smoothly. And I keep looking forward to years and years of enjoyment.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 05:20 PM
It will be fixed in time.

BTW, where my Lifetimer Vip pass to get past line?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm also here for the long haul but someone dropped the ball on doing what was needed with servers etc. Retail Launch is coming and it will only get worse.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Seriously... this game had me as soon as I entered Warp Drive for the first time... lol

I think I shed a tear.

/nerdgasm
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughnn
Perhaps you are right, the whining threads are more fun to read anyway.
I've managed to get over 20 hours gameplay in this weekend and had quite a bit of fun this weekend. I do not like issues, but I can put up with them, because I had it in my mind that I expected it to take a month or so before this game was running smoothly. And I keep looking forward to years and years of enjoyment.
It never crossed my mind to play STO. I had heard the game was about to go into closed beta but never followed up. A friend of mine said he was thinking about getting into STO a few months ago. However, until he pre-ordered the game, I hadn't given it a second thought until Friday night when I checked it out again. I bought the game to try it out and found myself in the headstart program. Despite the disconnects and log-in queues and other problems, the game has won me over.

I've played enough this weekend to try out a couple of different profs/ships and get them up to LT 8 before settling on the eng/cruiser. It's launch time for Cryptic and having been in a few games at launch, its been no different (no worse, no better) so I wasn't expecting the game to be at the state it will be in 6 months this weekend. To me, this was a chance to check out the game play and whether it would hook me or not.

I will say, it has hooked me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 05:33 PM
The art style is quite neat too. Nice colors and toons look awesome too.

I can really see this game prosper.